Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I gave up on this thread halfway down page 2.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

I'm just glad these guys could get it out of their systems and move on, if we deleted all these posts it would simmer forever

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Frankly, I don't think we have a problem that can be coded for.

I do believe the current rules are fine, except for this never seen before "power hoarding" behaviour... I mean I've been here for a long time, you guys all know that... And I've never seen anything like this bad.

However, I think that unfortunately for the Imm staff, this is yet another scenario that needs to be watched for manually.

Perhaps a list of chars playing minimum/close to min hours, with no PKs in the month can be reviewed... And "power hoarding" like this be made illegal and watched for using this method?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

I don't think you have to watch for it. Obviously we will check on whether or not he had a way to bypass the purge. It's easy but I have been too busy to run the search yet. If he wasn't bypassing the purge and was actually putting his hours in and quitting out on literally everyone I can't see how that's fun and I don't really think anyone else is going to do it anytime soon.

I think I made a post once where I said if I had a 50 I'd put the rares I don't want on the auction to try to give them to level 16-30 guys who are going to be training for like 200 hours. It would be interesting to check on the start of his cheating and see if he got the idea to do rare denial with multi from that. It would be funny. idk if I care though

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Ooh, those are definitely hours put in. If you are still able to access the "age" of those characters, most of them ended up within the top 50 oldest character at point of denial, aside from the newer characters. Anyway, rare denial was never the goal, really. Collecting them was the start, which led to fear of losing them, and the more you collect, the more you fear of losing them. Then once you have the complete collection, you just don't feel like giving them away. Such an addiction. Thanks for helping us get rid of this addiction.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

Ivindel, I didn't cure ANY addiction. I'm simply not qualified. Its up to you what you want to do next, but I'd say to you that what I see is that you have been passively doing nothing all day. I think THAT was what you really wanted to do. These thrills of getting a few items here and there are breaking a monotony but its the monotony that you are addicted to. Get it? What I've done has very drastically broken that monotony, which like you are saying, you needed. You'll feel good to just do nothing all day for a while now that I have done it... but sooner or later like a junkie you are going to need another fix, perform another "thrilling" multi or whatever. Its an unhealthy process that's led to your character roster's entire destruction and a lot of outraged people clamoring to ban you from the game, which I definitely won't do on first offence, but unfortunately must warn that you will eventually get there.

What happened to that player that got to be Warmaster? We need those kind of players. I'm not saying play your best every day but I know that when you do, you have very good characters, and everybody loves to see that. Why don't you think about what's behind all this and see if you can play AR later on in a healthier way when you figure this shit out.

2 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: