Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 12 hours, 39 mins.

Skin - A new Ranger skill or Mini Skill for everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Skin - A new Ranger skill or Mini Skill for everyone.

Skinning a granite golem would create a granite skin, which could be forged into a piece of armor. Kind of like the Ore but no gem required. For example if you kill 10 creatures that have diamond skin I.E Jotun, you can use the skins and create a diamond chest piece. The stats would depend on the quality of the skin. So if you are out there in Winter skinning all those super strong creatures, the armor quality would be increased. Of course there is only a chance of the skinning actually providing the skin, because people mess up that kind of stuff all the time. The items would look pretty generic, Example: A coif made of mithril skin. A breastplate made of diamond skin. The stats could also be enhanced with recipes and materials. Enchanted ect.

Pros: New loot circulating. Does not have to be rare, depending on the quality. Could enhance some RP for rangers, who use there steady hands for many other things like butchering. Could create a class specific market, I.E you need to have a ranger friend to skin for you.

Cons: Could turn into a huge farm, and never have enough skins to forge. Weight Issues.

0 0 1
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject:

how do you skin something with diamond skin? How do you skin someone with stone skin, or skin made of fire lol Do you have special knives for each skin? How does an illithid skin something? How does a ranger tell the difference between barkskin and diamond skin?

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about in real life bro? I'm confused about your questioning. How does anything in a magical fantasy world work bro?

2 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

I like this suggestion and I think it's useful. It helped me come up with a cool idea. I think you've been doing a really good job around here lately beia

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

You could always just have a flag on mobs who you can/can't skin.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: