Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Hall of Exalted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should HOE inductees go?
Leave as is. Only got a couple votes and left wondering why that char got HOE?
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Once a character gets an HOE nomination, they are then moved to a poll with the options of: "Yes HOE", and "No HOE". With a MINIMUM of 10 votes cast, the character must get 70% "Yes HOE" to be moved to the Halls of Exalted.
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Only true HOE worthy chars must have Ygin-esque graveyard where everybody and their mother logs in to vote "HELL FUCKING YES HOE!!"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

The council, emissary, commitee etc was created with one real reason in mind. And that reason was that the forum was a very abusive place to go. We wanted a private area that wasnt abusive to discuss game without the abusive remarks. Does it seem like a coincidence that we chose it for discussing HoE nominees? It shouldnt'.

It really boils down to the way people post on the forums. You're leaving the moderators/staff no choice but to take sensitive discussions private. It its not in the games interest for us to play the role of "audience" for every raging dumbass. We've tried being reasonable, we've tried being unreasonable back. This thread is no different than the rest as I see it. We seem to be staying stuck in this msierable and very tiring pattern. You guys might not like the emissary forums but it was an alternative to those burned out players leaving the game completely wasnt it. I'm telling you that audience will go away with or without the emissary option. Only other thing I can think to do is decide to make it a bannable offense and post a clear warning at this point. Because literally, the abusiveness of this thread is going to burn people out

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Hey man, great char, good luck on the next. I vote HOE.
Hey man great char, good luck on the next. I do not vote HOE.

There is nothing negative about any of that at all.
What it is doing though, is gathering a census whether a character should be inducted or not.
Players having been casting a yes or no vote on graveyards since it was created. It will always happen. Having a poll in place would bring consistency, structure, and bring the opinions of the community together to make sure the chars that deserve to get it, get it. And to make sure the chars that are not hoe worthy, don't get in. It has nothing to do with negativity, gatekeeping, or anything else. It has to do with a structured way of reinforcing the integrity of the Halls of Exalted intact, and keeping a consistent method in place for the HOE nominees.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I agree Voglin didn't belong in the HoE. The player's previous character did (it was also a fire giant I think).

Voglin was put in because it was a back-to-back good showing. I was a little disappointed we chose Voglin instead of the other one

Xenyar, nobody censors the logboard posts anymore except to remove character outing. We might also invalidate a totally off topic post once in awhile. Nobody is going to censor legit discussion about HoE inductions. But we are not going to make a formal system with voting and limits. Sorry.

Missing a "yes" is a more severe problem for the HoE than getting a bad "yes" that should have been a "no". Most people only have one character ever that qualifies for the HoE. This was such a guy. You should stop this thread and have a long discussion IN THE OTHER THREAD, in the CORRECT PLACE, about exactly why this decision was made. I guarantee you the decision is correct and Mishtkah belongs in HoE and you are mistaken about something. Let us go to the proper place to figure out what exactly the problem is and stop arguing here about nothing.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject:

players like Xenyar are the main reason why i lost a lot of motivation to play. Been a good 2 months away from this game glad the streak is still going

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

In response to Nycticora's comment about nobody censoring the log-board I am going to start doing so. If I see hateful, trashy comments I will begin invalidating them as I believe we emissaries should have been doing all along.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject:

if you invalidate any of mine we are going to have a problem

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

lol, I would never invalidate an immortals post.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

but what makes me more important than somebody else? Let's just keep trying to relax and everyone will do their best to not cause problems and we won't need any of that nonsense

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

You have long eyelashes.

Yea I also don't like the over-censoring. Let's just all try to be adults.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

NYC, you said voglin shouldnt have....but his.other chsr should have.
The whole purpose of having a voting system that works is to prevent that from happening.

Not to mention, it appears that with a real voting system, people are more likely to cast a vote. Look at the chars poll, there more cast on that than the yay or nays mentioned on his graveyard.

Consistency and more thorough of a census due to more votes being cast.
I can go on with the words integrity, structure, and so on implementing a good system..but it just doesn't matter.....anyhow, if we don't want that, let's keep what we got going, and getting HOE inductees potentially wrong. Yay.
You can bring a horse to the water, but ya can't make him drink it.
Why don't we just lock this thread now, honestly.

Oz, love you buddy. Good luck to you.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Xenyar youre literally posting like "change the HoE system" "lock the thread" with your fingers in your ears. Not only is that very obviously controlling, there is wide disagreement with that, and not just from "the implementors". It seems like you are trying to villainize the imms who worked so hard for you to have a game to even play. You're being very rigid, like you seem to think your OPINION is the morally good belief and everyone who thinks otherwise is evil. That is not a way to have a discussion. The discussion has changed from being about what you said into instead being about the WAY you said it. The only actionable items I can honestly see from this thread is just remove you from emissary because you're behaving in a way that is a disgrace to the title. However, because I am NOT actually a bad guy, I will give you one final chance.

For everybody else in here, we are not going to be an audience any more. Its truly unhealthy for everybody involved. There is a saying that pigs like to roll in mud. That's the reason I see why this keeps on going. This forum is a toxic environment that I regularly consider just stop visiting myself. So we need just do the mature thing which is to stop being an audience member and actually step in and clean the threads the fuck up. I will extend emissary mod powers to all forums. Please, use them. To anyone who feels like getting upset because their post was removed, if you dont behave in an abusive way then there won't be a problem, and I encourage you to remember that youve been told that when that post removal happens. I know some of you guys enjoy being assholes amongst each other. The rest of us are all VERY fed up.

0 1
boo,
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

this has become a shit show, can we tone it the fuck down?

we don't need to censor the god damn fucking forum just because one player cares a lot about the HoE and wants it to remain as elite as possible

demanding everything go exactly his way is not an adult approach to the problem but we need to be able to respond to that in a more accepting manner

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

everybody stop now

stop all actions you are taking in response to this thread and drop it

Xenyar, move your complaints to the correct forum

Nadrin, stop taking all administrative action on the forum. Do not start censoring everything. You caused this mess, stop making it worse.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: