Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Drow Warrior possibly get racial legacy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Drow Warrior possibly get racial legacy?

They are so underpowered could giving them something similar to elves really hurt?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Riposte backstabs

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

drow warriors with their under handed tactics learn an upgraded hobble in hamstring. let them have a chance to see hidden people higher level than them. trained instincts

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

something...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Xenyar did alright with a drow warrior.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

whens the last notable drow warrior specially with all the new changes going on??

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

They have nice stats so I wouldn't be worrying they are UP. High int/dex. I would just warn you that when you play a level 50 drow warrior you tend to feel like you dont have enough hp. You seem prone to re-rolling so just so you know and won't end up feeling you wasted all that time. Adding racial legacies isnt going to prevent you feeling like that the second you walk into hellstreams. You might be happier on a duergar. Anyways just hope you understand what youre signing up for, as thats what really seems to be the underlying concern.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject:

It does take a certain style of play to be successful as an elf/drow warrior. I really can't think of too many successful ones from the past. A small handful.

Dwarf and duergars though are under-utilized I think, they can be quite powerful, as shown by many successful characters in the past.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject:

Xenyar at lvl 50 had right at 800 hp, I think. That is of course with all trains possible going to hp. Been a long time ago now!
I don't think the silver vuln was around at that time either. That came after Ygin, I believe.
That's also when dex would buff hitroll, and strength buff damage. But, dex doesn't buff hit anymore, and strength buffs both hit/dam. So quite a bit has changed since then. All the above would make them plenty more challenging to play. Since they are a low str, vuln race, throwing them a bone like a racial legacy wouldn't be a bad idea IMO.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Change to disarm clearly benefits dex races. Also Atyrdolm wrecked shit as an elf. I don't think a legacy is necessary.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

we didn't do the disarm change yet I thought

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

What is/might be the change to disarm

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm pushing to get disarm to put the weapon on the ground. It goes to inventory for good reasons now though, so we have to solve the problems that caused it to get nerfed in the first place if we do that. I have a plan in mind for some anti-vulture code that can stop low level guys from vulturing your disarms but it doesn't feel quite right to me yet.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Disarm to ground has def been implemented already.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

i was going to say disarm to ground has already been there and whoever said so and so wrecked house with an elf...look at the post dumbo i said DROW elves already have their racial legacy called dance of the silver pwn your mom

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

I just looked at it and it looks like it sends to inv, are you guys sure? I think now it only drops to ground when you flee

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

they might be confused with npc and pvp interaction, pvp goes to inventory pretty sure all the time, even if you flee. but against an npc it goes to floor, so that's probably what is throwing people off

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject:

maybe this isn't even important anymore and we can just change it to disarm to ground all the time with no vulture protection

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

About that.. why are weapons disarmed to the ground but shields get disarmed to the inventory?

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

weapons for pvp and pve are disarmed to ground 100% of time...i know this because i rely on it for disarm on my warriors fighting PVE when someone wears my weakness weapon....

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: