Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Vamps on GY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Vamps on GY

Can we make Vampires show up on the graveyard so we can take a look at the char? Don't think it would hurt anything.

2 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Nope, nobody makes gravestones for the undead.

We will ensure that future features also appropriately ignore vampires upon death. A vampire or lich who dies ceases to exist, and does not experience an afterlife like mortals. I'll change alhoons and other undead to do the same thing at some point.

The Graveyard will still show a myserious empty post on undead deletion. If other characters wish to create a gravestone for an undead who was converted via in-game RP we will tackle that when we come to it. This won't extend to vampires for now.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

The graveyard is an OCC place for the players to put their thoughts on, kudos, appreciation, etc., about that character. Take a look at K/D ratio, length of existence, read their description, and so on. I do not think being a Vampire should be a reason to take that away from that char, or the players.
As long as their is no Vamp skills/secrets discussed, I find it harmless to open up their GY for player viewing and talk.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I like the mystique, and vamps are only played by elites who have nothing to prove to anybody.

I'm willing to reconsider if you feel very strongly about it but at this time I think it is better for vampires to not appear in the graveyard.

Consider vampires to be NPCs of the game world. They're being played by vets to improve your experience, and aren't characters in their own right the same as your characters are. A vampire's time in-game is for you and the other players, not for the player of the vampire. Similar to an immortal. Playing a vampire is a service you provide to others, you strike fear into their hearts and make the game feel more real.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Nyct on this one. Vamps should be as mysterious as they come. Having played a few vamps in my day, they really have nothing to prove. If you're allowed to create a vamp (or converted back then), it should be known that it's a great privilege playing one. You don't need any appreciation votes or look at your ratios, just being one should already be "exalted".

I like that they don't show up on much at all OOC, you don't see them on the playerlist or Top 5 killers etc. If people want to know more about them, try to catch them in-game.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject:

I was on the fence, but Lorne pushed me over. I'd love to play a vamp one day and already I'm convinced I wouldn't want it in the GY as it is. Maybe a compromise could be made with a Vault of the Undead akin to the GY, but with only a short story? No KVery Happy shown (or at least to the little people). I understand why some would like the vamps to be acknowledged, but the overall lore of them should keep them out of the GY... get it? Get it?

Anyway, just an idea thrown in.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

It kinda looks like a bug when it says "player not found". I felt like something was up but I also dont think it would be an improvement to show vamps. Maybe it should say "gravestones aren't necessary for the undead" though, so its acknowledged and doesnt smell like bug.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Some people like feedback on their characters when they are gone. I know when I play a character, I get really into them and the posts upon deletion are closure for the character. Maybe not display anything important but still create a place for that?

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

I do think it would kill vamp mystique. Most of the people who have access to vamps are good at the game because of time put in learning every char and will almost certainly suck balls with a vamp. Seeing the majority of vamps with a 30% ratio would def kill the mystique behind them and make them looks like a bunch of tools vs what they're intended to be, a feared class. I can only think of 2 or 3 vamps in all my time playing that were even decent at the class and of those, 2 of them just abused stupid mechanics like ecstasy not having a helpfile thus most people not knowing how to save against it, or their infinite escape abilities to avoid death. Generally this is a silly class imo which is why i never really applied for it. It is more of a lemme try it and fuck with people with cheesy skills class more than anything. I think Tzakrid or whoever was the only vamp that actually used game skill/knowledge to win fights vs cheesy vamp skills no one has any info on. Every time I thought of tryingg it I was like fuck this I'll just make an illithid illusionist. Anyway back to the topic I think leaving them off of the graveyard is fine but the deadend link does seem buggy.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Cool with no gravestone, no desc, no pk ratio, etc... could have open discussion spot for the players though.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see Basically the same format the graveyards have now, although I wouldn't have any problem with not having stats. I mean if someone spent a lot of time on their desc, it should be visible etc.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: