Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Helpfile editing is now accessible to Mystics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Helpfile editing is now accessible to Mystics

As of now the Mystics have a new power -the ability to extend and update
the helpfiles which all Serins depend on. With this comes a form of
versioning so the entire history of a helpfile will be preserved, incase of
either accident or deliberate destruction. The helpfiles are very safe from
harm do not worry. We hope that the Mystics will use the tool to the
fullest to help ensure that everybody has access as much help as they need
to survive in Serin.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

With this update I've also made it so the browser-based helpfiles much easier to access and track changes on.

You can either do the usual click "search helpfiles" to look for specific stuff, or use http://abandonedrealms.com/help .. they're doing the same stuff.

Personally I think our helpfile system is badass and absolutely leagues ahead of the competition. With the Mystics on task we'll get the little extra oomph we need to make it into an ultra-badass information resource. It is literally as powerful and easy to navigate as a wiki at this point.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

I fully approve.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

I love the idea but honestly I think you should put this on mentors and make mentors pass some form of imm based criteria/test etc. in order to gain the title of mentor and maybe benefit them somehow. Mystics no offense, but they are not PK oriented and often are not really that knowledgeable when it comes to the meat of the game That's 2/3rds of the game easy. They'll know exploration, etc. (great for the codex) but as much as I love Goron he used to not know things or give me misinformation all the time on my newbies, honestly the guy before him didn't have a lot of answers for me either when I'd come back from a long hiatus. In fact, and yall might hate me for this, but I never found any of the mystics other than that shaman guy T-something? to be that knowledgeable beyond basic newbie stuff. The facts are, you learn more game mechanics from PK/prepping for pk than anything else. PK skill is almost always an indication of game knowledge because it is almost always an indication of time spent playing and learning the game. And let's be honest, there aren't many help files that apply to the way to get rares, or related to rare items so I think their knowledge while great for newbies is not going to help with the helpfiles that actually are behind the times. The helpfiles that actually require you to have played, kill, died, and learned from it. Just my opinions here and I did say I was going to save it because people don't often listen to ideas they didn't come up with themselves, but I typed this out already....

1 0 1
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

there's no reason our more experienced players can't roll a mystic if they want to help ottif

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject:

It's to edit helpfiles... I don't understand the argument from ottif. It's not a power to make a full fledged "This is How you PK Guide". People can do that on the forums. Hell, if it seems like it would be beneficial to throw in a helpfile, an Imm or Mystic(now) can take care of it. Granted, if any Mystic feels they have solid input, they could go about it as well.

I don't know the rank that gets the power, but I also don't think either of the two-ish active Mystics are going to make something up that a newbie, or people in general, would think are terrible to have. All in all I like it. Curious if we can enslave them and send any typo bugs to them. "GO FIX THIS NOW, THANKS! I'M LAZY." jk

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

I never thought I'd ever see the day that ottif wrote, "I love the idea". Wow.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Apparently you did something good, Dav hahahaha

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject:

I've actually said that a lot dav. I'm just surprised you weren't butt hurt and didn't go into immediate attack mode because I had a critique to your idea tbh.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject:

If I had good enough incentive I'd find a bunch of times I said it just to make you look petty and sad but real life is just too interesting to waste time proving you wrong.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Why are you escalating? Just laugh at the joke hahaha

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

He does it because he enjoys it, Ty. For some people AR is an anger release.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: