Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

Salutations and One Thousand Blessings Upon You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eval_elmo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Salutations and One Thousand Blessings Upon You

Hey all... I'm not entirely new to AR. I believe I discovered AR back in 98 which would have been 8th grade for me. I turned another friend on to it, but he didn't stick to it for very long. Right now, the only names I can recall that stood out to me back then are Resatimm (i think he was undead at the time) and Odoacer (spelling? I believe justice or knight). I recall Resatimm mainly because I had the desire to become a vampire, but I don't think I really tried. Besides I was in middle school at the time. I don't know why I recall Odoacer, but it just popped up as I was trying real hard to recall names.

I remember the player base at peak times being 50+ and off peak like 10+. Never had any notable characters. My characters would fall under "fillers". I might have reached level 40 on one char, but definitely never hit 50. PK seemed to be my weak point. I think I spent most my time fleeing and trying to log in during off hours.

I've been lurking for a while now. Actually discovered the AR fb page last year I think and was surprised. But what's bringing me back right now is this D&D podcast I've been listening to. I have an itch that needs scratching. Plus, I'm feeling super creative and I think this would be great outlet. I enjoy writing when I actually get around to doing it.

I'm hoping I can add something to AR. I've got one character pretty much fleshed out as far as rp goes. And another on the mind. But I'm gonna probably stick to one. Hoping to roll my char tonight or this weekend sometime. Anyway, thanks for keeping AR up and running all these years!!

On a side note: Are vampires still a thing? I remember them being very RP heavy in order to go in that direction.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject:

it is very difficult to get a vampire through rp and hardwork but I don't think its impossible... though the normal way now is to get a character into the halls of exalted through excellence, which will give you elite status and unlock vampires and alhoons(illithid necromancers) this is a community voted on kind of deal. Welcome back Smile

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

Welcome back!

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Definitely a great place to scratch your D&D/creative itch! Glad you're back!

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

eval_elmo has entered the fight! Glad to see you're back. It seems to be that area of years that most of us come from. Far smaller PB than that time, but the game itself is far and beyond more enjoyable.

I've seen a guy wait months on a character to get undead, he ranked his way up to 50, and then deleted not too long after. HoE (Halls of Exalted) is where it's at. PK record is a point of interest, but in no way is the deciding factor for HoE. Often enough, players vote a dead character for the Halls. Make sure your RP is on point and plenty of people are more than willing to answer questions, especially those Mystics.

0 0 0
eval_elmo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Any recommendations for mud clients?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I use CMUD with Olyn's custom plugins. If you are using a 10k monitor/laptop, it won't work, just so you know. CMUD support (and most support right now for 10k) is few and far between.

His add-on in CMUD is by far and away my favorite.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

The webclient is the only way I play, now. If you guys want we can look into a mudlet plugin again

1 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

Welcome Elmo! Lots of changes and updates since 98 for you to explore.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I recommend our webclient, for reasons. Razz

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: