Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Logboard/graveyard post control options
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Logboard/graveyard post control options

So I want to suggest a few things if possible. There are a few issues with the way things are set up, for instance anyone at all can tag or link characters to life and graveyard posts with no moderation.

I have seen great characters marked trash by who knows who, and I have seen one on one duels marked to only, or hgods lol.

What I propose is a few checks and balances if possible. The ability for emmisarries to remove any tag except exalted, and a way to show who places tags mentions and who invalidated posts since people cannot seem to just post that they did it and or why. It would be cool if emissaries had the power to see and do these things, but even the immortals being able to do this would be enough. Thoughts?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I only agree with the option for moderators to remove flags if it's just a troll. to an extent. I agree with the log though so that you can see who places the tags. I really don't like seeing someone like ederiwyn marked as trash. how ever. I feel that if it's the person who posted the log. the tags shouldn't be moderated regardless. it's their log. it's like telling them how to title the log. in my perspective, going Nadrin's route, we should just remove over half the tags as they are there for trolling purposes(password, meltdown and rage to name a cpl)

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't think a system of checks and balances is required, I think all that's needed is the ability for emissaries to delete tags, but submit a bug using the issue system abandonedrealms.com/issues or it will never happen

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject:

I guess we could also just take the trash tag away

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

#trash is useless and likely only used by trolls or people with a vendetta, or if their feelings were hurt and they got revenge.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

But you are trash Nadrin. So everything you do instantly becomes #Trash

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

hah. I can put in a one line fix to just hide all past tags. I can also do a one-liner fix to completely remove tags and also to completely wipe all the tags by the dufus doing it. I think sometimes you guys forget this isn't just some million dollar gaming company having to deal with masses of retards with AI's and shit. its a couple of busy dudes and we all want to work on druids and building areas or whatever. so how about we try this: you few bad apples stop fucking it up for everyone or I will make an example out of somebody in a far more creative way than just deletion

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject:

I'm the one who tagged something trash that brought about the OP, fwiw

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

Why did you think my character was trash?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

for secret reasons

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

actually I was going to just be flippant but I'll give it to you straight dude

this guy was alive for 26 in game hours, it lasted 7 days

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but get over it, you don't have anything to prove you've had plenty of caballed guys. Stop trying to have the biggest dick and just relax and have fun man

what you need isn't a dank ass pk ratio what you need is a tea party with dank ass rpers and once in awhile you need to assassinate them in inappropriate ways

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/help/jargon.php

jargon wrote:

Trash: This refers to a player character whose owner doesn't care if it dies. Sometimes players misuse this term to label their player deaths as being the victim of "trash PK", but they have merely mutated its definition to serve their nefarious purposes. Its trash if you dont care if YOU DIE, not if THEY DIE.

*pushes up specs into face*

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

I guess he cares cause he deleted, and he also cares cause he was pissed that I called him trash, so in retrospect it should be removed

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

ugh I don't know why you write the things you do. You didn't hurt my feelings, I was curious as to why it was labeled trash. Dav's assessment as usual is spot on I don't care about my characters which is why I am so willing to delete them early so the trash tag applies.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

there's no reason, you just get whatever comes out

1 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject:

maybe the imms can create alt forum accounts to ... "express their opinions" and keep the imm accounts professional? just a thought

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject:

Some of you guys take this shit way too seriously. I never thought I'd be the one saying that. Here's the deal. You guys take your time out of your busy lives to play the game. You'll get your noses bent out of shape by the Immortals once in a while who are blowing off some steam because they are literally tech badasses with badass high-stress jobs. We don't mean to do it, we'll even apologize for you. (Disclaimer: That may not ever happen, but we dont want you to feel unimportant or that you're going to get fucked over again sooner or later.. its just that we show gratitude for your attendance in our other ways.) In return, we will give you cool shit and the opportunity to PK noobs and do some of that really cool RP shit, for free. For example. DRUIDS ARE COMING NUBCAKES! You see how that works ? Good

Code:

EV - (light) | - | L-I-- | brew horse
Echuir the witch says 'Maybe you mean a potion with a portrait of a horse...?'
Echuir the witch says 'Yes, it sounds like your request is to brew a potion with a portrait of a horse. Undeniably yes, definitely so.'
Echuir the witch says 'This requires my fee, a flask, 3 crystal shards, and the essential ingredients.'
Echuir the witch says 'Place everything into the cauldron and ask again when you have it all together.'

^real

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

What I'm taking away from that is,,, brawl day?

0 1
boo,
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Yay brawl day! Thanks Dav, you're the best!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

I have already hand-picked a candidate out of the pool of elite players who will be the first mortal druid to walk among you, and that character already exists and you will soon be seeing it around. The character's entire history will be logged and preserved for research. If that experiment is successful, druids will be opened to play - most likely to everyone, but possibly I will cap the amount that can be rolled initially. I will send a newsletter with more information when we open our new HTOS.

0 2 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: