Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

crowns skulls medals etc
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: crowns skulls medals etc

add armor to a cabal shop that can be gambled with cabal currency. Would promote attendance and when cabals clash sacing eq gets you currency to gamble eq.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

isnt the knight lion-crested eq this? we could randomize it but its good stats. if youre legion you can taint it. am i right or what?

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

isnt lion crested just rush gear to use when you get full looted and need to defend or retrieve? i think he means more of like achievement based gear. where you have to do something (kill legion, justice, capture item, etc.)in order to get points which you can then use to get good gear from your cabal. like keepers already have in place i think warlords have a system too

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

Warlords don't have any special eq.

What you're saying is to have one of the key Keeper advantages available to every cabal. Is that correct?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject:

Holy shit Lorne you're right.... I didn't even think about that my bad I've only had a million keepers.

Keepers are a tired cabal and need to be re purposed or extinguished. Being able to solo grind for winter level eq by sacing the pirate chest and plank over and over again is stupid. But I don't want to water my thread down with keeper talk that can be brought up else where.

Take Sarsah for example good player wins some fights loses some fights, but a human berserker isn't going to make it through winter unless they have a lot of help. With the pbase we have the incentive for more action is paramount. If i know that I have a punchers chance in killing you and Sarsah took out Knabra a few times and i purify you and sac all your shit i have the chance to gamble so damn good items.

This idea is to improve the use of cabal currency, add pk opportunity and lessen the dependency of winter runs that are few and far between unless you are a monk or an illusionist.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject:

for the record I know you can gamble with relics or gold, but all that is solo grind. Go out and fight someone take their gear and sac it. Don't spend 4 hours farming gold or help rank some level 12 char for 3 hours just to buy some boots

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

Meh. Sounds easy-button-y.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

we're not removing cabals anymore. Keepers have been a part of the game for too long to remove them. The Warlord mistake is never being repeated.

The request for additional itemization options is heard though

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

Is there really a shortage of high end eq? Like I always see overlapping plates of armor and unmoving black cloaks sitting there. Alot of the spiked goods like gauntlets are almost always in. Stuff like crowns of might and banners seem to be in all the time. Ontop of the different high end eq you can easily gamble and forge...I don't feel like what we're missing is more high end eq. It's all there, you can easily solo all the stuff I've said, yes a human berserker can easily do it too.

I mean it's nice to have titanium tenor but you can do pretty good with the next tier of armor that's seems to be plentiful.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

there might not be a shortage of it but we might need more usable eq. Like remember when people used to carry gimp suits that sucked so they could str down to drop a cursed weapon and stuff? I don't think we still have that

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

All those things I listed are very usable. They would be considered a pretty high teir set back in the day, obviously below full winter rares. I really don't think there's a short supply of eq, only the super top tier stuff gets hoarded to get that ultra 30/60 hit/dam, but you can easily get a 30/50 hit/dam with alot of great equipment that is pretty easy soloable that are usually in.

One thing I wish is if certain equipment became ungimped to become more usable. Like Vainglory was one of my favorite weapons (I'm sure alot of people's favorites), and now its a piece of shit that nobody every gets. Whispering battle axe, withering scythe and spider blade are other examples. Bunch of useless weapons that were badass and now are essentially obsolete. I realize some of them were gimped because of reducing magical weapons across the board, but just kinda shitty.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

vain glory used to be more sought after than the mace of unholy spirits. fucking pimp ass mace. I miss it too.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I think Ozaru's point was: there is good high end stuff but it takes too much time/effort/friends to get it so could you please add something that I can get by myself in 10 minutes?

There's also imbuing which is a way to turn some of those gimpy pieces or pieces that are designed for another class into usable items. Just script to collect the shiriff's badges while ranking if you're evil and you have a stock-pile of cheap gambling waiting to happen.

I know ozaru has some 1v1 fetish but if you are so drastically out geared that your werebeast ranger can't pk them 1v1 then grab a buddy or two and share the spoils.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

Its odd how many of you miss the point completely. I don't group pk because its stupid and rarely can happen.

How is this something that I can do in 10 minutes? The idea is TWO CABALLED PLAYERS NEED TO FIGHT. So when some healer is decked with titanium tenor and shows up once a quarter and I have a decent set of eq and I some how manage to kill a caballed character I can go gamble and get maybe 1 or 2 pieces of eq. Its pretty freaking rare you get a pimp suit of gambled items with 1000 taijis.

For the record I never had a problem fighting in treant thews I haven't made a ranger in forever.

The point is to incentive cabal fights to have more knabras vs sarsahs and the added bonus of adding more of a use for cabal currency

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject:

i would like just knights to have this tbh.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

I ungimped Vainglory a long time ago, it should be pretty good now. Are you sure you know its current stats?

Is it gimped because cursed weapons are gimped now and there are no good reasons to wield a cursed weapon?

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

It's -5wis, noremove, nouncurse. No one uses it....no one, lol.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

-5 wis isn't new. fake news Lorne.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

what's wrong with -5 wis? Cancel it out with bonuses from other items

the best thing about Vainglory was noremove

it's no-uncurse because it's part of a set

I use it on every character I make without exception. I rolled a neutral invoker once and forgot I couldn't wield it and rage deleted when I couldn't pick it up

I also badgered Dav and Olyn until they made set items enchantable specifically so you could enchant Vainglory

Last edited by Nycticora on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

Huh? It was never -5wis before, and also wis never mattered that much before.

Or I could be speaking out of my ass, I am getting old.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: