Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

crowns skulls medals etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

Oh my bad, yea I just assumed you'd jump to the conclusions.

I dunno, I think maybe we can maybe take away the noremove and leave the nodrop and nouncurse. That way it still fits the lore it's still "cursed", but its not noremove and that would make it usable more probably.

Another option maybe lower the wis a bit, maybe a -3wis, at least that way you can maybe get away with using one piece of armor to compensate, instead of multiple armors. Maybe adjust the avg dam a bit if you're afraid of abuse.

Or just leave it, as Olyn and Dav seem to love it, so not like everyone wants to change it.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

I like to utilize the noremove on the item, that's a no-go for me. I whore it and don't want to be disarmed. I don't care if I have weapon advantage, if I'm attacking the advantage is in my favor regardless.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject:

I dont care too much about the supergeared drow/human shamans wearing torments of hell sets, but the item should definitely be useable for everybody else. And I dont see why it isnt. I wouldnt want the game to punish everyone else just to dick over torments of hell guys. But from where I'm perched it seems if you throw on the torments of hell is the only way you'll run into serious issues with the wis.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject:

OK I have a proposed fix for the following bug:

Vainglory used to be a little weaker than the Taint and now it's a little stronger than an Emerald Sword

The fix is:

Change all set items and set-enchanted rares to have an aura like (Glowing) that designates the item as belonging to a set. Uncursing or disenchanting a set item strips the aura and renders the item unable to count in a set. The uncurse or disenchant also has its normal effects.

Here is what I need from you (Lorne and/or players):

1. look through all set items to see if there is a problem with this solution for any corner cases
    2. evaluate whether or not this will solve the problem
    3. ratify the proposed solution or propose modifications
    4. tell me what aura string to use, like (Purple Aura) or something but not that because it's stupid
    5. decide whether this should work for just enchant weapon/armor, just remove curse, or both
    6. decide if it should work on just set weapons or just set armor or not rings or anything like this

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject:

one fringe case I can think off the top of my head, is if you are wearing any set that has a cursed item, and you heal uncurse at a priest, this could remove the aura from the set rendering you fucked. I don't think uncurse should be part of this, only fade/disenchant

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject:

"heal uncurse" at the priest and the remove curse skill are different and can have different effects. i.e. remove curse could strip the set effect and heal uncurse could fail on set items

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject:

boom

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

If you're healing an uncurse, would that not make you cursed?
Why would a priest heal uncurse?

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

The spell is "remove curse" or "uncurse".

When you pay a priest at the temple, you type HEAL <spellname> to activate.

So to uncurse yourself you "heal uncurse". It's just syntax.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I never liked the syntax especially with a spell called heal in the game. Service uncurse, buy uncurse, or something

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: