Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Druid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Druid

Apologies, probably not in the right place. I am aware that I am unaware what skills druids will get......that being said, the page for them does not mention forage, brew, or mix. WTF!!?!?! That was what a druid was to me. Any thoughts/ideas?

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Just went to the page. Forage in the first rank, Roast herbs, wild growth, etc... Did you even look at what skills do? Perhaps there is exactly what you're looking for, but with a different name. Don't see any brewing but we have an alchemy store for that, which never gets used anyways. Wild growth will be so great. No more waiting forever for your herbs to grow.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Herbs,,,

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Brewing will be back in some capacity for sure, we will have to carve out time to actually make the recipes. It isn't as simple as just type forage type brew and collect random potion anymore. A lot of work needs to be done on that still, but there are other things needed....
Mixing is also definitely present, but it isn't mixing potions.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject:

Yup, musta overlooked forage altogether. There's an alchemy store?!?!?!?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject:

Honestly I was hoping to release them with the HTOS. Moving house literally consumed all of my time. I'm headed out Friday for a little bit of vacation and we'll get it out when I return. That way I'll be fully refreshed for when the wave of bugs and OP hits hard. And don't worry, if you think I won't ever be done, that's definitely not the case because I need to complete it so that I can focus on my next big goal. This kinda work continuously consumes a lot of my mental resources and I need to free myself back up so I can dedicate that laser focus on some other important areas.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject:

There is a cauldron/shop or something somewhere. You put a specific set of ingredients in and you can make things like a monster repulsion potion. Never really took off though, so it's mainly overlooked. Unless that was all removed?

Didn't mean to come off like an ass if I did though. I re-read what I put last time and it sort of does to me. Sorry for that.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject:

there's a backup squad too, if it goes super long I can make some druid modifications

I'll look at a few things this week while Dav is on vacation to speed it along

class reworks are really hard to collaborate on once you get past the planning stages though, there's a lot of mental state involved

0 0 0
xDaTruBloodx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Treant Druids

I find it somewhat difficult/frustrating that treants cannot change between wares to fit the situation at hand, especially with pk. They cannot simply remove wares and switch to something that will better aid them in battle, they have to absorb and destroy it. Has there been thought to removing this barrier or making an alteration?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

The mechanic seems different and cool. I think the better question is, what makes playing treant fun and worth dealing with no eq switches? If the answer is nothing, we need to brainstorm ways to make it fun/rewarding.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject:

Druids have spell buffs that give them saves so you shouldnt find yourself fucked. Youre switching spirit bond, not eq. Its presenting the same kinda decision but without the weight requirement and inventory burden. If its really that hard to live with, maybe we can have a look at giving treants some ability to change rings or something
Is this about weapon switching?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

he specifically said "wares" which makes me think the answer to that is "no"

I want to know why spirit bond wasn't considered as a solution by the player asking for buffs

is it too weak or did you not know it exists?

if you didn't know it existed we can look at conveyance. I have a feeling, though, that this is like most things and you didn't actually test anything you just died deleted and said the race is too weak

0 0 0
xDaTruBloodx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

No not the weapon switching, yes there are saves associated with the different bonds as well as the actual staff etc. It would be nice to add or remove some if necessary for the situation. Even if it were only the rings or neck items I think it would add a little more flexibility. The other thing that presents as a problem is sometimes you may want more accuracy or more damage, not being able to switch between these types of equipment without completely getting rid of wares is rough in my opinion, but maybe not to others.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm now picturing jewelery on treants as Christmas tree ornaments and I'm okay with it.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I am cool with this if it shows as <hanging as ornament> instead of <worn on neck> or <worn on finger> etc. and thieves can pry it

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: