Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Should Paladins Get Spear?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Paladins Get Spear?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Maybe axe?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Should Paladins Get Spear?

Was looking at the class and noticed for holy warriors they are pretty bare on weapon skills. I'm pretty sure flail isn't a valid option in terms of game balance, so I have left it out. And yes, we're aware that paladins are pretty awesome already.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

paladins are fine the way they are, you should be looking at the nerf hammer, not a buff stick

0 0 1
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

I think they should get flail instead

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject:

Flail makes more sense thematically.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject:

I think Flail would be an interesting addition and it certainly fits thematically. If it doesn't work out, how hard it is it to simply say "Nope," afterwards?

1 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

lol

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Axe or spear for paladins? Well can we give them haste and accession too? Maybe the heal spell would be good in their arsenal instead.

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

lol, I see the four paladins have voted

0 0 1
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

From a lore standpoint, flail makes more sense than spear. That said, I don't like them getting flail either. Berserkers and Shadows (male) can use flails with success against paladins because the paladin won't parry it well without the skill. Neither of those classes get whip or bow to exploit the paladin's lack of knowledge about segmented weapons. I don't think the paladin needs any help against those two classes, and I see it affecting those matchups the most.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Before we get too deep into the weeds with this, let me remind you guys that AR has already seen what will be its most powerful characters of all time and they were superhero paladins. This resulted in fat nerfs and bad taste that has alienated some of our best people from the game. So, it is with no attempt to be a downer here that I say that class can with very small changes become easily the strongest in the game again. Giving it the ability to dual wield flails - and nothing else - sounds to me like an incredibly simple way to make that happen.

Phostan, when I read what you are saying about spears, the way I took it , it felt like you were trying to sort of dance around the issue I just said. The people saying flails are correct that the theme is stronger and its just more direct. What youre opening up is the ability to both charge and dispense shield bash without being tied up. It would eliminate all other one handed weapon choices in my opinion. It is something that maybe seems like a good idea until you've seen it mercilessly exploited by someone who doesnt give any shits about how OP it is.

That said there has long been a plan to offer specs for paladins. This was designed several years ago already and simply queued behind other things. We can incorporate spear into one of the specs as long as we provide a suitable tradeoff. Perhaps we would offer flail to one, spear to another, and a third weapon (or even something really crazy like getting dual parry) to the third and final spec, I think this is the way we should go because there are a lot of good ideas for paladins but it is important not to overload them with too many things. Lets get druids out first and circle back.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject:

I thought that paladins can shield slam while they are two-handing a weapon and they have a buckler equipped. is it not as strong? or what? did that get changed?

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

Paladin shield slam is terrible... only thing i will ever say.....

0 0 0
jaux

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Paladins cannot shield slam with a two hander and a buckler.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

yeah, shield slam checks for buckler use and blocks it because shield slamming with a buckler would just be a bash

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject:

Totally fine with whatever really in the end. Just seemed super awkward they have so few weapons for what is basically a warrior with a small suite of priest spells.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: