Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

[2018 Q1] Monks are astral walking through endgame content
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: [2018 Q1] Monks are astral walking through endgame content

not even going to touch it. Not when u guys have monks astralwalking through endgame content. I dont really expect much better

0 0 1
Flyndance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Astralwalk is 120% balanced. Monks' dead body is vulnerable to attacks while in astralwalk so you can't complain much about it. The only downside to anyone wanting to get to them is that you either need to fight your way into redhorne or into vlad's torture chamber. I feel that it's totally fair.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

bullshit

Ive seen monks walk through doors that are non-pick, and straight thru areas that are the sole reason illus got nerfed with shadowform like winter. So why the hell should monks be any different they have healer capabilities and the best defenses in the game to boot

Astralwalk is cheap shit, so are the defenses, so is the healing. Its not balanced correctly

Nor is the shadow and the dk, you may want to think it is in this little dreamland of urs but in reality its shit like that that has further buried this mud.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

But i guess when u hire nyc to "rebuild classes" youre automatically subjecting yourselves to op cheesy shit. So when did this place keel over and die? Was it when Burzuk left, or maybe way before? Because all it seems like now is as long as ur in good or n the lounge then u have a place on top.

The player base should have never been split, i mean u have more immortals than players

Some ppl use to care about this place, i dont give a fuck about how one dude can code, others had better visions

But whatevs, keep enjoyin ur ooc bullshit propaganda vella, bc the only way rp is done here seems to be ooc with multiple imms

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

I've never touched a line of monk code, Arunore

there are 2 open astral walk bugs for two different areas that monks can access that they shouldn't be able to

the only classes I have rebuilt are DK and Invoker. I didn't even do vampires yet. I think you are confused and I think you should share your opinions more frequently so you don't freak out all at once.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Im showing passion, if i wanted to freak out i would cuss ya out a 2nd time. Rightfully so, bc i hear ur hard to get along with. Its not hard to test chars, ive done them myself working for a different benefactor. We didnt release unless ALL bugs were disposed of, not release n let the players figure it out which has the potential to ruin chars. Sure u cant get every little roach, but cmon.....

Thats not even the brink of it

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Arunore, either show some respect or leave. Not sure what you were thinking when you decided to immediately shit on AR in the druid thread but I've worked on the class for over a year and you've pissed me off intensely with dumping this inappropriate vomit on it.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Bc ur surrounded with fucking yes men. This is truth u need to hear bc no one else has the god damn balls to say it, this is a fast sinking ship n ur captain, ive given u a fucking chunk of my life trying to anchor but im done trying to fill holes that arent replaceable.

Do what you fucking want, im done

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

I look around and I don't see DKs wrecking people so I don't see how they're op

the top two are both knights, there's not even a dk in the top 5

did you get wrecked by knag

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

...... good luck with your endeavors

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Lol is all I can think of saying when I read this.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

This thread sounds really similar to that protection thread it made me literally lol.

Sometimes I wonder if the Imms do want players to sound out if they think a skill is overpowered or just keep quiet and live with it until the imms think otherwise.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

umm. what end game content? last time I played a monk you couldn't Astral walk through impassable doors. as well as once you were inside evermore, steel. Baren wilderness the skill becomes unusable.... so I'm not sure what end game monks are skipping. the only thing close to that is that you can Astral walk through the Plains in the beginning which is hardly skipping end game content. why not be specific so that this can be fixed because I am sure if there is actual end game content being skipped they will fix it. like Astral walking to xanthak (can't just an example)

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

tayyah is pretty accurate. also people call out the imms all the time without sounding like whiny bitches. telling someone you hear they are hard to get along with is a self-fulfilling prophecy. monks are kind of cheesy but astral walk is really not at all part of that problem. also you guys really took the bait on this one. i think that's all from me.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I have a monk now, and i can attest you cannot astralwalk into places monks couldnt solo to begin with. There arent very many of those places at all.

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Oh why? You guys didn't know that you could astralwalk all the way into the keep area of Redhorne, past those filler mobs that hit so hard, in between where there are safe rooms that has no mobs? It's totally intended I think because this way, no one else except another monk can get to you, or perhaps you can get summoned out of there though I am not too sure.

There is also Vlad's torture room where Torin is with his thin-bladed polearm. Just need to waltz in there whereas normally you would need to kill Vlad for his glass key to unlock the door. It's relatively safe I think aside from whether you can get summoned out of there.

I am pretty sure I mentioned these two areas in my second post up there, but yeah now I am giving you specifics Wink Just don't abuse it too much though, else it will get patched.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Astralwalk just makes the monk unkillable by other classes. It isn't that big a deal really. I mean if you want the imms to do something about astral walking into redhorne, it's really simple. Just roll up 20 monks, get all the rares in the realms and clock them every month. You drain the entire realms off eq until everyone starts bitching, then something will get done. Just takes some effort really.

On another side note, I didn't know monks needed buffs. Oh well.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I believe the red Horne is intended lol... are you talking about skipping to the adamantine ?? because that's hardly endgame... the torin should be filed as a bug though I highly doubt that's supposed to be like that.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

"do what you want, im done". Really? You're done. If you're done why do you sound like a nagging mom. Literally, you are dispensing out the kinds of phrases that are telltale red flags for someone with an addiction to drama. You clearly aren't done. Also, fuck you too, arunore. Also, stop wasting time hiding behind a lie of caring too much until one day you suddenly broke it off with AR.. we've all been here for the last 3 years listening to feedback about the monk class, and plenty of changes were made already. Its not our fault that YOU decided you'd stay passive and never say anything until YOU exploded about it. It certainly isn't my fault that our predecessors (better, you may think!) decided to close classes and quit the game instead of making any effort to fix their shit. These people you think have done so much for the game. Where are they, Arunore? The truth is, they left the game high and dry. Unlike you, who is posting on the forum that you're done and don't care, they left silently without a goodbye because they actually didn't.

This astral walk, walking into vlad's dungeon, whatever else doing to exploit it, its just the no ghost flag room bro. Its up to the builder who built that area, to go put a no ghost flag on their treasure rooms. Its very easy. Quit being so dramatic about it.

Code:

Vlad's Torture Room [Room 3274] (72 inside) dark indoors no_summonin no_summonout no_teleportin
         | All around you are weapons of torture and anguish. Long poles
         | with barbed ends are propped up against the wall. There is
         | some sort of wooden structure fill most of the room. The wooden
         | gears are covered in blood and hair. Judging by the smell
    @    | and look of this room, many people lost their lives here.
         |
         |
         |
         |
---------+

[Exits: (north)]
A defeated looking knight is crumpled on the ground here, shackled to the floor.

(Wizi 51) MAIN - -   barf | hi | room no_ghost
Room flags toggled.

Any Immortal could make the easy adjustment. P.S. There is nothing astral walk can bypass that suiciding as a ghost doesn't already allow. If its being used to bypass large areas of end-game content, those mobs need to be retooled to attack ghosts. I don't know if its the case with redhorne, but Winter has these protections.

Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergent_gameplay#Unintentional_emergence

As you can see in that link, Street Fighter 2 combos would not exist were it not for an unintentional glitch that the designers never intended. Its now the most repeated and copied game feature of fighting games of ALL time. Aww boohoo, sometimes an accident isn't accidentally amazing and instead it accidentally sucks. We know. Stop acting like an idiot. I know you're better than this.

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Oh no damn...
If you change Redhorne, I can't get in there easily to get my full set of adamantine armor anymore... I don't want to be fighting through all those jotun berserkers, soldiers and overseers just to get to those +2 dam +5 maledictive armor pieces. They are hardly worth the time, not forgetting to mention those 3 berserkers at the front door that are so annoying to kill just for the key.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: