Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

[2018 Q1] Monks are astral walking through endgame content
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm not doing anything with redhorne. Well, ok, I'm raising my eyebrows at the eq from a jotun-infested volcano being used by monks instead of by paladins and dks... that doesn't fit the rest of the game well. Things being cheesy doesn't help, but it definitely seems like there's a different problem if monks are taking that redhorne stuff. That area will be added to a list of things to be reviewed

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

I love you ottif

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject:

If rehorne gets retooled equipment, monks should probably be looked at for high level sets or outfits. They are tough to equip late after dying (outside of redhorne)

Also, this thread started with an ass hole being an ass hole, was supported by another dude who swears everyone else is on crack and went down the ass hole route in a previous thread. Then they are both upset they get shut down for being dicks. Epic.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

Yes Faelon. Well Zodiac island is meant to be geared for high level monks. Its a bit easier to get there after dying too. We can sort it out.

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

I think it is still fun and beneficial for monks to have these "safe areas" whereby I can hide from PK, as long as the opponent is not another monk who can astralwalk in the way I do. Feels great. Personally, I don't really care much about re-equipping after death as a monk- I have perfect defences for that to slowly work my way back up as everyone else, but to be able to astralwalk into areas to avoid PK should not be taken away.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Nah its definitely dumb. I'm just annoyed with arunore because he's rude but I dont feel I disagree on principle, I just think it should've been handled by the people who have the ability to fix the areas by now. Although the fact that hasnt happened is interesting itself. It'll be reworked into ethereal before long and probably with a shorter tether if that doesnt relieve it

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

So... Astral walk is like a pass door apparently? Forgive me, I have not played a monk and stopped playing around when they returned after Sen was the last one standing.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I think I remember astral walk as like this, you basically split your soul from your body and walk away from it as a ghost. There is a range on how far away you can walk and I believe you can also die if you are out of your body for too long. Also as others mentioned, people can definitely kill you. Thats not the OP in astral walk. The powerful part is being able to swap places with your corpse while you're still walking in one of the astral planes,. Without that it would just be a gimmick.

Identifying it as pass door is essentially correct. I didn't decide how many astral planes we should have yet, but I was thinking we would have as many as 7 and the ethereal dimension is going to be only 1 of those. This skill would be operating in a separate mirror dimension (hence the ability to swap places) especially since we have a really cool mirror area

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject:

Shut down? Upset?? I don't think so, I simply left. It's why I deleted Sarsah, because I was still seeing a lot of the same old bullshit that I use to see.

This really had nothing to do with astralwalk, I was just making a point. There is a grander scheme I was getting at about how particular things are handled here, you guys just didn't get the entire story and missed the PG version. I just come by once in a blue moon now, its been that way for a long time, that is nothing personal against any of you..

With the exception of Nycticora. I think your ideas are unoriginal and your Immortal behavior is shit and unbecoming, that bleeds elsewhere. Not to say it is all shit though, the collar has potential. But let me get something straight and real quick; I don't need any of you to tell me what is and is not good for this place. I could go and rebalance all of your classes in multiple specs on PAPER and have it more balanced than what is perceived as balance in this current state. Keep in mind I speak for a lot of people in these regards who have played over the years. I cannot count them on two hands. And you should know better Faelon.

In those same regards, good luck, I'll throw my shade every once in a while.

0 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

You're throwing angry tantrums Arunore, you know you are and you're choosing denial and shooting the messenger. This post is another obvious tantrum - it even ends in a jolly old storming off. I don't really want to be an audience for it so hopefully you'll keep your word, or at least return here when you find peace in yourself and we can discuss what's best for the game calmly, and believe me I will be ready to listen when you are ready for a real discussion.

"But let me get something straight and real quick; I don't need any of you to tell me what is and is not good for this place. I could go and rebalance all of your classes in multiple specs on PAPER and have it more balanced than what is perceived as balance in this current state."

No Arunore, this is just angry narcissism. Not that I am saying your a narcissist by any means, but your anger is obviously bringing that out. You can't do this. The task is impossible alone, the game is complex and chaotic. It is very easy to create a huge stinking pile of crap, and then the true test of an implementor is whether they are going to be able to choose between accepting due feelings of shame or instead choosing denial and flaming all your players for not getting it (the latter of which, FYI, seems the much more likely case for a hot-headed person such as yourself, though do not let me discourage you from running your own mud if you want)

I think it would be really healthy for you to take this anger out in game and just go PK someone and cash it in for actual fun. I think you would be happier for it. Well?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

if you have legitimately good, well thought out ideas for specific, actionable ways to improve the game we'll implement them Arunore. We move a lot more slowly than you seem to think we do though

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject:

Horse piss Davairus.

I like how you assume that I'm fuming with anger when I type a few things with some curse words in there. Don't pretend to know what is in my head or what I am thinking, because you do not know, you're absolutely wrong.

All you have is words to go by so I understand where you're coming from, but I'm more than willing to skype with you and tell you why your mud fucking sucks if that is a route you would like to open.

I think what this boils down to is we agree to disagree, and that is perfect, but I'm not taking the bait bro. I'm really not willing to get into everything here, my son has soccer practice in an hour.

And I could have rebalanced all your classes in multiple specs, I have a knack for that stuff that was never given the light of day, but this isn't about sour grapes, I'm just late and you are too far down the rabbit hole my friend. Too far down the rabbit hole.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Skype works for me. 30 minutes, weekdays, late at night, Wednesday onwards. Maybe we can setup a three-way call with Nycticora too. Are you ET or PT?

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Good to see that Nycticora and Davairus are still active. Guys, whining about their hard work won't make them inclined to help you out.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Hey can I join your skype convo I'll be the comic relief to keep it light. no but damn arunore I thought I was an asshole. you do sound angry, you also sound like a chump. You also sound like a nub. There are so many subtle nuisances to these classes that change pretty often, balance in relation to PVE and PVP that I can GUARANTEE you don't know all of them. Dav, Olyn and Nyc have access to source code and still can be seen posting they "Think" something works this or that way. If you were so omniscient you wouldn't dare make yourself look like such an idiot by claiming you could balance them on paper. This is just an incredibly complex game, and it is great fun. huge mmos with millions of dollars behind it can't even get balance right, how tf are you going to do it between taking your son to soccer practice and crying in a dark room because monks can walk through zodiac island without getting hurt?

you clearly have some anger issues btw. when someone comes here and laments because they died or something, that is a cause to be upset. You're bitching and crying because something in the game is too easy. Such anger over more or less nothing in a free game is not a good sign, you should go to therapy dude. Get a grip and also, get a life. Maybe find some fulfillment talking with your kid and getting him ready for soccer in the hour leading to his practice not spewing visceral horse shit on the message boards of a game you hate.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

scrubs

0 0 0
Dorimos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Should have flurried...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

1 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject:

haha yeah okay ottif

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

;)

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

Is this a current problem? I believe we fixed and closed all bug reports of endgame areas exploitable with this months ago.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: