Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Ye Invokation.net archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Ye Invokation.net archive

http://abandonedrealms.com/invokation/

I was going through my backlog of tasks to do and one of them was backing up my old PC before it dies of disuse. As you guys probably are aware, backing up everything and never deleting it is a very good habit, until it gets pk’ed of course. Well, turns out when m1co hacked invokation.net, I literally hacked it too, to know what he had stolen. I backed that data up, alerted affected users, and promptly forgot about it, until today. So I am proud to say I'm able to provide you guys with a complete copy of the entire invokation logboard!

This logboard goes back 12 years and its all there.

I whipped something up in a hurry so you guys can see it. I'll need to think about whether (and how) I want to incorporate it all into the new logboard. It might be nice to link it to our forum accounts for logboard purposes, although I would guess a lot of people were behaving recklessly since it was at the time off-site. Maybe an archive is best? Feel free to debate it. I do know I would like to get at least graveyard links in.

BTW I made a couple small backend optimizations so this loads much faster than the old site did, and I also added a basic search.

0 0 0
Oxyl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Fricken awesome!!!

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

That is fantastic, thanks!

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject:

Holy crap... the nostalgia. Read my duel against Vrakka again, that was hilarious the damage in duels with two decked giants wielding effigies and rods.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject:

Ah yes, the memories... Of when I was less mature and made tons of alts.

I did not post many logs, but I enjoyed reading them to learn more (and later watching live streams to get better at PvP), thanks for posting.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

I'm glad to see you guys enjoying it. A trip down memory lane can be incredibly therapeutic.

I restyled the page today to recapture the old feel, and added paging. Also, Nycticora linked it to the new logboard to make it easier to find.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

http://invokation.net/ and http://www.invokation.net/ now link directly to the legacy logboard

I'd also like to point out that the very last command logged by invokation.net was "reply thk."

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

this is awesome

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I added PM to the logboard as well since invokation had it and the forum also already does. BTW, don't worry, we won't be reading it.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

Holy shit, I love being able to go back at cringe at the shit I posted when I was 14 years old. Logboard arguments and shit. This is awesome.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: