Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Brawl Day?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Brawl Day?

Hey team,

Can we maybe have a brawl day? I think we are overdue, and it might be a good idea to drive engagement.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

I'm totes a fan of brawl dayz.

Though I would suggest upon character creation, instead of having uberl33t silver gear that just makes it so everyone steamrolls n00bs, you have to choose a set of gear (e.g. mal beast for evils, regal radiance for goodies, the mage ones if they want but definitely not end game shit like torments or tenor).

That way it simulates some more in game shit and people can experiment with new race class combos in a way that gives them a more realistic approach to the actual game.

With all the new race/class combos and introductions, a brawl day would be an awesome way to get people to see what's up and new and shit.

1 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

just curious but what is to stop the players from creating a brawl day? anyone with enough motivation could get a mill and use it for prize money, kill the juggernaut and have it in the arena?

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the suggestion Kento. Imm staff is discussing a few options for holiday splendor; we’ll include this option in the mix. You guys have been asking for a brawl day for a while!

Last edited by Ceridwel on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Definitely a way to get some of us who are kind of sort of on the sidelines due to time constraints back into the fray.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject:

Please do search on the forum. Last time we did this was low-interest and on the unpopular side. The range was from like 'meh' to 'i hate this'. I do think we made some mistakes, such as running the event a bit too long. But I think there's life in the idea too

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I think the main issue with why the last brawl day was seen as meh was because everyone started in a suit that gave them 50/50 hit dam. So necromancers we're doing insane rend damage. Giant zerkers were going nuts and it overall was just not representative of the game mechanics at 50.

To address this, everyone should start with a default set of we based on ethos and align with enough supplies to be ready to go (like 7 purples, 4 fly scrolls, yadayada).

People could try to snag some rares. Or just go at it. but fights would last longer than a two round rng battle and people would have a more realistic sense of how certain race/class combos perform.

2 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

I am +1 to Ergorion's idea.

2 0 0
xDaTruBloodx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Brawl day was actually the first time I ever played this mud and fell in love years ago! My first rolled character was a human druid and I ran around spamming tornado Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

+1 for Erg’s idea too. Also can we add an upvote or like button or whatever to these forums? It’s kind of weird how much the game has changed and how little the forum has.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

Umm it has cheer boo yawn.

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

but... we live brawl day. with surges and banners you can literally make a level 50 in less than 8 hours. That is brawl day right there. Brawl day was appealing when it was actually a challenge to get to level 50, to get through "the gauntlet" was actually arduous. but now? This will just ruin my day if I logged in to do some training or leveling on my character and it was a brawl day, I would log right back out. Maybe you guys should go and make a character and play, because Brawl day isn't going to just all of a sudden go oh yeah, I like playing AR. You will play during brawl day and than put it down again, which will do nothing for the game itself

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Clearly I suck at this game because I can't get to level 50 in 80 hours if you gave me permanent surge and banner, nevermind 8. WTF 8 hours level 50s

Hey tayyah when are you going to open that power levelling service

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject:

I've had a toon stuck in the 30s for months because of time constraints. 8 hours is great if you have a m1co perma-group with two 50s having eaten cakes and saved up rewards piggy-backing on a surge.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

that used to be 8 hours until you're ramod food because you powerleveled and didn't train your skills

ask me how I know

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Hahaha! you just need to know who to ask... I almost hardly ever say no to some grinding... its relaxing to me. Back to the task at hand though, in all seriousness... if you guys think it would be good for the game than I'm all for it. I want anything that's good for the game, previous statement is just my opinion.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: