Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Cabal path open pk zones
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to say I totally agree that attacking that guard is inciting trouble. That is putting your money where your mouth is literally. We could apply PK adrenaline (not mob adrenaline) for attacking that guard, cause that to put you in PK of everyone in that cabal, and leave you like that until the adrenaline wears off - that's in addition to the soft ten seconds intruder flag. So theres a soft PK flag to help you remove loitering dumbasses who ignored the warnings, and a really hard one for guys who went fully gung ho and tried to take your item.
It really isnt fair to just nail newbies with no idea. It needs to be loud and clear regardless, like there should be a posted sign or at least the scout fires a shot at you or some crap like that. But everyone saying they need a way to remove an intruder is also right

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

What if it flagged all cabal mates in adjacent areas when that happens also? So if you are a level 40 Legion sitting in Valour while your cabal mates invade, you get added to PK range too when someone attacks the sepulcher guard. The only way to avoid it is to stay away from the fight.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

That would prevent useful vulching ,do we care. I think we might want to preserve it

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

I just realized we need to be careful here with however we solve this - and I bet this is what you meant by possible abuse Nyct - the solution needs to preclude a 50 just running in to tag an enemy cabal’s guardian in order to get in the pk range of a level 40 enemy to then steamroll them.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

hmm idk about out-of-range vulching. Now that you bring that up, it reminds me that one of my favorite parts about AR was vulturing 50s as a lowbie. Yet that was pretty much removed from the game in an attempt to stop people from rage quitting. Sounds like getting off into the weeds

Re: Ceridwel, yeah everything is all interconnected. If you change cabal pk rules you might be low key making some random bard skill or something massively OP and not even know it. There aren't many obvious changes left to make to AR that don't come with drawbacks

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject:

If we have to restore some type of oor mechanic for cabals, how about something like this:

When attacking a cabal...engaging the sanctum guardian causes pk adrenaline and all members of that cabal can attack you.

If your cabal has an item capped, a new speedbump guardian is spawned at the entrance of the path and must be killed to enter the path (keeps noobs out). Trespassers on the path and cabal grounds are open pk while an item is held by that cabal's guardian.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject:

genious

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject:

I like it. The mob should physically close the doors and refuse to open them or something (or room echo as if that were happening)

isn't there a mechanic about the Knights being able to close the gate to the path or something? Idk if I imagined this, but I thought it was a pretty cool idea

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

I love it when a plan comes together </hannibal>

0 0 0
Taleroth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Dumping this thread

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Dumping, or bumping? Laughing

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Bumping it to dump on it. Wink

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

olyn wrote:

When attacking a cabal...engaging the sanctum guardian causes pk adrenaline and all members of that cabal can attack you.

I added this. I didnt add the other mob..seems like that should just be a large sign warning do not enter?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: