Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

[2018 Q1] Some shit about the sewers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q1] Some shit about the sewers

used to get lost all of the fucking time in moria, still get lost in tenebria. If I don't play a good aligned I wont even step foot in there. if I have to get the white capes i'll where paladin go right there and word out. if a pk leads to there i'll either give up the chase or avoid the area. not sure if that's its intended function to be a mind fuck, but that's my take on it lol. I also personally feel that since the entrance to the sewers has been changed no one goes down there anymore. I don't even get taken there by non cabals stealing items anymore. Red dragon and the eye ring from the witches aside I don't feel like there is anything else down there which is sad because it used to be such a favored place to kill people.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

The entrance to the sewers hasn't changed in years. I do agree that the sewers are difficult to navigate, and this may have deterred people from bothering to go there without shiny incentives... but the sewers have always been complex - that's the reason why the "rescue the adventurers quest" was created, to get people to explore the area. I remember getting lost in them constantly years ago. There are sections with one-way paths, several no-exits, one bit that required fly, and on top of that map inconsistencies that mess up the automap and hide certain side rooms/exits unless you know where they are - basically it's great for hiding from or trapping people who aren't familiar with it. Hence the former popularity with pk. Olyn and our builder team have been ironing out map inconsistencies as we have been replacing the stock areas. But for really old areas like sewers we have tended to leave them as is, for vets.

I wouldn't mind getting more feedback about Tenebria. Is anyone using it for ranking as we originally intended? Layout-wise, Tenebria is far simpler than Moria was and there are no map inconsistencies in it. It is just three levels of trolls with a boss at the top. You can just put on a troll face/skin/bracelet and walk through it once or twice to figure out the landscape. Since the mobs grow stronger the further in you go, you can tell what part you are in by the type of mob. I guess it might be an annoyance/hazard during pk because of the troll aggro but that is easily avoidable with a troll item.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject:

i would have to agree the entrance to the sewers in the south square was an important and useful exit and it does feel to the games detriment to now be without it.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject:

In reply to the sewers being "complex" I think a lot of areas in the game are "complex" in this way but only because they are redundant. You have the same room names across so many rooms and in somewhere like the sewers you can find two of the same room names not located next to one another making the issue even more annoying. It is also bad form for MUDs to have the same room names. It makes the area look rushed, cheap or just unimaginative.

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Entrance under SS to sewers would be nice, but no need to change the layout
Of the sewers. The ford is perfect the way it is, I would like to see
The return of solace to its original state. Justice cabal should of remained in seringale for all around pk aspects. The current solace is just a burden and I myself avoid it completely.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: