Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

[2018 Q2] halfling warriors suck nuts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q2] halfling warriors suck nuts

Tried a halfling warrior two years ago and had some fun trying to find the absolute lightest equipment possible to make it work. It was kind of a pain in the ass but it is doable. Since the combat module halfling warriors were kind of gimped. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that one of our elites could roll one and steamroll everyone with them but for the vast majority of us being that vulnerable to hobble is just really crippling.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject:

I think the dirt change really kicked the high dex races in the nuts. By dirt change I mean the one where dirted people had a chance to get lagged upon flee.

Disarm to ground I don't think is enough of a boon for high dex because everyone has macros to auto-grab and wield it.

The chain lag diminishing returns also meant that halflings wouldn't get chain bodyslammed by giants but that was just ridiculous to begin wtih.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

The favored weapons don’t even make up for it, exotic and staff aren’t very good options.

The racial legacies really seem like they make up for difficulties at lower ranks or to make up for high experience costs and fighting significantly higher level players. Is there any way we can give them a racial legacy that is always useful and maybe change their favored weapons?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

racial legacy, all halflings can brandish staffs they are wielding with a 50% fizzle chance if they don't have the staves skill

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Feel like dwarf warriors need more love than halflings at the moment.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

oh wait a sec

dwarves and halflings are supposed to have magic resist and it got removed, that's why they suck ass

this probably has a lot to do with why nobody plays thieves

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Wasn't there a topic not long ago about how giants lost their way as well? So many negatives, but not enough positives?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Racial Legacy for Halfling Warrior: Weight burden of equipped items reduced by 30% or something.

Lore source: Halflings are tough little motherfuckers with lots of endurance. I know AR halflings aren't based on Tolkien hobbits but that's the whole reason why Frodo was able to get through Mordor after being bitten by Shelob and going through some serious shit.

Then give them some other dumb racial legacy that stops working at level 50 like an extra dodge when using exotics or some dumb shit.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

TBH we could probably give everybody that weight bonus for worn equipment

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

sounds good to me. We were talking about buffing giants anyway

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I'm hearing:

Halflings used to resist all magic like dwarves and we could consider restoring that.

Halfling eq burden is too much and we could consider reducing weight of worn items for halfling or for everyone.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: