Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

[2018 Q2] Nerf Vampires
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q2] Nerf Vampires

Everyone understands that vampires are supposed to be strong. You can’t say your game has balance when you have an UBER op class for Veterans only. They have amazing mals and insane skills. Please hit them with a nerf bat a few times.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Come to me with solutions not just problem.s

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Are you serious? Vampires are gimp... rofl

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I believe vampires should be balanced like other classes. They should have there palm strike stun removed. They should get either blindness or silence, not both. There “sleep” like spell should be nerfed to 1 hour duration and have an immunity after. Night time haste should be removed or nerfed with some health or mana cost like mania. Vampires should only be able to choose one spec, bat form or wolf. Coffins should have a longer cooldown. Durations in the sun should weaken and injure a vampire, no vampire can sit in the sun taking minimal damage, at the current state it is not even a serious threat.
Also I do not think vampires should have the same hp gain from vamp touch as the DKs did when they had it. Two nymphs = full health, at the cost of 60 mana? That’s not strong at all.
That is just off the top of my head.

Also I think vampires should be immune to curse. Since they are already cursed to the everlasting torture of being undead.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Thats silliness, it takes a lot more than just that to heal to full. There are other hidden factors involved. Even a single hour of sunlight drains you and you must sleep a full cycle in the coffin with no health, movement, or mana regen at all during the first rest. Then, you have to coffin again to get the restoration effects. With them talking about removing their abilities to eat orangrs this is going to be way worse. Prep time and everything else is so much. Also vampires are missing defenses, they are for sure glass cannons. Btw i dont know of you know this buy how haste works was changed some time ago. Not nearly the buff it used to be.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

beia it sounds like you have something to get off your chest but I do feel I agree about the sunlight. I think rather than have your fantastic vampire regeneration, if youre stuck in sunlight the "regeneration" should become the curse thats killing you. Like every time you regenerate you take the damage instead, you lose hp, you lose mana, and you lose moves, and you are risking becoming completely immobile and fucked the longer you stay. a poetic death you might say
I'm not familiar enough with the vampire sunlight damage to say but I do say the above is what I would have done if it were me that made them.

stun/blindness/silence/sleep are inherited from the base class.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

So, basically what happens now, is you become drained, so zero regen, and movement costs more. I have been trapped outside in the day several times.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

I’m just sick of seeing vampires run around in the daylight eating oranges completely oblivious not even caring and still dunking people. I personally have not died to a vampire since early on in Luthir’s Killing frenzy. Early last year sometime. He nearly three rounded me as a monk. I remember thinking to myself, WTF just happened why in the would would something like that be in the game. Needless to say he was completely decked out with BIS everything and I didn’t have sanctuary so boom I got what was deserved. Nadrin don’t be blind, prep time for a vamp is not even half as much as a necro or illusionist, and vamps compete on that end of the DPS spectrum. Next time you play a vamp check your damage compared to an illusionist, they are nearly the same in most cases.

I just do not like that 90% of the players here can get roflstomped by a vamp, who has earned that right by being a bad ass and most likely killing tons of people. So let’s give the most skilled killers in the game an OP class to just shit slam newbies and anyone trying to progress up the ladder.

Also I think there should be a limit to one male and one female vampire active at any given time. The rest are in an endless sleep until one goes inactive or deletes. I mean that or everyone play vampires and we change the game name to Vampire Realms. I would be down for some Vampire ERP!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

beia, beia. This IS balanced.

The vampires have a limited window of time to PK in. If they are caught by the sunlight, they are FUCKED. Most of the night will be wasted just chasing their target. Therefore, they need to be able to burst once they're caught. Without that, the class will be unable to PK at all!
If you are finding yourself getting dunked by vamps, you need to pay better attention to the time.

Now with that said, I have personaly not played a vamp. But I have been aware of the above and used that knowledge to kill them easily. Its my understanding that if you want to KILL a vampire, you need to lure him out into open areas where the sunlight coming up will take him by surprise and he will be unable to get out of it to safety. If that sunlight comes up, and they are able to just take 4-5 rooms and be in the darkness of sewers safely, then you're fighting them WRONG.

Also actually I think drained is being very misused here. Having to go to a coffin seems asking too much. I think in this case, since being in the sunlight already means unable to cast spells and have no vampire abilities, and take negative regen for being hit by the sun again (i.e. by moving and by the tick), they're fucked enough. You should be able to beat a player with that severe of disadvantage. And that player deserves to be able to cast spells if you let them get away into the shadows imo. I would say vampires drained needs to be REMOVED immediately once they are out of sun! And equally we should make SURE that their sunlight vulnerability cannot be prevented by any means whatsoever, because THAT, beia, is what will unbalance the balance I've described for you.

It takes a very experienced vampire to manage sunlight well in my opinion, or a very novice or possibly stupid opponent that is unwilling to move their character to a safer location and actually try to sock it to that vampire.

Also, beia. The oranges bug has already been fixed. I can't really offer much consolation for you if you got dunked by a BiS geared level 50. It couldve equally been a fire giant warrior that dunked you. What would you be saying then? It would definitely be a lot more one-sided and inescapable. You would not be fighting someone who begins dunking THEMSELVES just by moving around once it hits 7am

P.S. It is extremely hard to kill a vampire that has decided to be passive and avoidant of risky pk, and they can lure you and they have the upper hand of knowing the best spots for their fighting. If you know what's good for you, stop chasing vampires. I have seen players extremely experienced with paladins (actual class built to kill vamp) let jealousy and frustration get the better of them and chase a vampire around the dwarf crypts until they are dead and naked.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

Being in the sunlight does not take there spells away. They can still full heal in broad daylight. I think you have been mislead about what Daylight actually does. I have logs to prove everything I am saying.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

Yeah sure, forward it. Anything which helps circumvents their daylight vuln is as broken or more broken than the oranges are. Under no circumstances should a vampire be sunbathing

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject:

You can ask anyone here that had played or plays a vampire. They can get around fighting in the daylight with zero threat because a: vampiric touch heals like crazy. Corpse drain heals like crazy. Blood spray from there weapons heals like crazy. I seen a vampire go from awful to perfect during daylight while still hasted dealing out mega melee damage spamming iceball. Something is not working as intended.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

Lol.

I'll only say nerf shadowform and vampire bat. These spells/skills are get out of jail free card. You can never find the vampire in a bat. Or at least disable the skill when u have adrenaline....

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

here are the vibes I'm getting from this thread:

there were way too many vampires in 2017 and healing is frustrating

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Beia, play a paladin if you are frustrated. They deal more damage, they have better heals, they are not limited to night time .... And so forth.

Paladins, the answer to vampire.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I was not even going to go off about the escapes. Whoever made this class literally had no sense of balance and just wanted to make something that could stomp anyone and escape easily no matter what. Even in broad daylight. It took me a while to complain about this because I figured someone else would sooner or later and I was just going to jump on the bandwagon. I see first hand now that this class is obviously not working as intended and honestly should be locked until balanced. That or keep having people leave when they get shit on by an unbalanced class. Y’all have seen people fighting vampires, it takes two or three people to hunt and kill one. That is not balance.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

IMO vampires are gimps other than their escape and evade skills. If you wear appropriate saves against them they're reduced to gimpy dark-knights with HUGE vulns that are good at getting away. My lifetime K:D against vampires is something like 30:1. It sounds like you're just doing it wrong.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

lol, shitty dark knight skills with yah know... haste and fourth attack. right, real gimpy

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

They trade 4th attack and temporary haste for unholy strength and shield block, so... yeah i say its not an even trade. Dks are more sustainable.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

You can tell the people that play vampires compared to the people who are getting rekt by them in this thread alone. Ha ha...

"Don't change anything they are fine!" - Vamps

"OMG THEY ARE SO OP" -Getting beat

I never had a problem beating down a vampire, personally. Don't recall if I ever killed one, but I typically won 95% of the skirmishes.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: