Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

[2018 Q2] Nerf Vampires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah when they win 5% of the time, they kill you. Nerf Vampire bat pls. Thanks.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I have been on both sides of the fence, playing as one i thoight they were very underwelming. Great noob killers, or catching someone unprepared killers. Hell there is a log somewhere of me and kato fighting katos vamp vs balan, and it came down to like one mistake on my part that the loss occurred.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

The only time I've ever died to a vamp, i was afk.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Actually I think one reason is the lack of their vulnerabilities as neutral/evil aligned. Almost all the good vuln weapons are good only.

If a vampire can fight decently against a good aligned using crazy vuln weapons against them, the neutral/evil will definitely feel underwhelming against them.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Mace of disruption still wrath?

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Like I said before I have not had trouble fighting a vampire. All I am saying now is they are to storing during daylight. You all keep saying they are only good half the day when that is obviously not true, they are strong as fuck no matter what time of day it is. I have a log of a vampire tanking damange from two invokers from the stream yesterday. The log clearly shows the sun coming up and the vamp completely ignoring it because it does not do anything aside from small amounts of damage. It is quite funny that as we have this discussion there was proof on the live stream. Let us not forget that vampires get compulsion and a shadow, balance 100%.

1 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject:

What’s this temporary haste I keep reading about? Maybe because I don’t know much about game mechanics but I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this before.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

It used to be that vampires would get haste at night but that has since been removed and now their night buff is that they can dodge arrows.

And Beia, saying that the sun does nothing but small amounts of damage to a vamp is just wrong.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I guess the vamps I have logs of just put on some sunblock. I know there is immunity but does it really have to last that long? Also I am more focused with the healing abilities of vampires now than anything.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Vamps are gimp if anything.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

It seems like the bitching is fairly even on both sides here. That's an indicator that things are balanced. Per this thread, I'll make sure I've addressed sunlight when I make the tweaks in late March (there will be no immunity to sunlight and it will render vamps inert on contact), but I won't promise anything else, either positive or negative, as I would like Nycticora to own that. And that can ship whenever he feels like it
If you're currently playing a vampire I suggest now would be a good time to bug any locations where the sun is irritating you

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

Woot. Major nerf hammer incoming.

0 0 0
Phostan_Mistupsio
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject:

I rolled one and leveled them a bit because I'd always been curious, was mildly tedious to level. Very narrow window to level/pkill. If you don't want to fight one, lots of places to go hang out where the effort is gonna be too much for them. It's when you sit in your guild and just chill they're gonna go get their freak on all over you. Would love something fluffy like a relic that enabled casters to locate their coffin, that'd be top notch and make it super scary to cross a mage or priest.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject:

Or build that into the currently underused and arguably useless paladin Stake skill. If there’s going to be a class to sniff out the coffin it should be pallys.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

this is true, Stake has been worthless for far too long

when was the last vampire staked

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about making sunlight literally make it so vampires can't move?

Because in my opinion, vamps are gimp unless someone is an idiot and literally hands themselves to you.

There are so many drawbacks. And I have never seen any immunity to sunlight? I would like to see the logs Beia is talking about.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

im pretty sure it has something to do with the moons

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

there are multiple ways to gank people in broad daylight. I like lurking somewhere they don't know is inside, or coming out from an underground area into an overground inside area and running back the same way. Some spells block daylight also

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

actually on my last vamp I waited in newbie school and ganked someone in the temple of darkness in broad daylight and he flipped his shit

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

How come when knocked out via blackjack or sleep you allow snoring but when incapacitated by ecstasy you can’t smile? Can you make it so that instead of just standing there the victim perform random involuntary actions such as emotes or moving? To me that would make sense for someone in a daydream fugue (that doesn’t look spelled right..) state to maybe meander around and perform random involuntary non violent actions.

Not really a balance fix but just something that seems like it makes sense. I like a bit of immersion while staring at a wall of text.

Also my vampire got staked, but it wasn’t a one hit KO. I probably never should have been made a vampire. It did not go well for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: