Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

[2018 Q1] Warriors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

I dig it but it can't be less powerful in any way to use it just once

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

It’s the year of change, I once again cast my vote for Mino Warriors.

Let’s make Minotaurs/warriors great again!

1 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I've been soloing a warrior for a little bit now. Grinding out some levels. I am still a bit from 50. My question is, "Is the cost of berserk worth the benefit"? I have noticed (and please correct me if I am wrong or seeing this incorrectly or not seeing the big picture) that it takes 1/2 my movement and 1/2 my mana for an approximately 50 point heal and +2/+1 hit and damage a hit to my ac by 20 1 aff save and 4 mental saves. I am a dwarf and therefore have berserk mastered as well if that matters.

I surmise that the hit/dam amount will increase (how much does it get to?) but I am guessing the cost remains the same? In the days where there is so much more sustain either via scroll use or innate abilities/spells, is it possible the power creep has left the poor warriors on the wayside?

I would propose, with my limited understanding of the game, that Berserk get a flat cost, whether that be mana OR movement, not both...and certainly not half of what you have. There seems to be some disparity between total cost to reward for this ability.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

you probably don't have athletism yet. that is the deciding factor. it over doubles your movement recovery even while awake. This drastically offsets the cost of berserk

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

That being said, what is the benefit of a rank 50 berserk in regards to hit/dam and healing. Does it heal a couple hundred at the highest rank?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I believe olyn answered that earlier in this thread... I think he said human warrior berserk was like 70 or 80hp. the hit and dam bonus actually differs depending on the race

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

The hit/dam from berserk used to be a flat increase based on level. It was nerfed to add increase based on racial stats (high str races get more dam, high dex races get more hit). I'm pretty sure every race gets less hit+dam than it used to. I'll look into the numbers. I think this nerf happened around the time of the first combat module.

That is also when warcry became save_vs_afflictive instead of save_vs_spell.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

let's un-nerf berserk and frenzy

remember when those spells used to be awesome and shamans used to actually run out of mana casting frenzy on people?

now the benefits are equal to the detriments on the frenzy effect and it's pretty shit, that was definitely a straight up removal of content

berserk and frenzy should both apply whatever ridiculous damage enhancement frenzy used to apply in 2001 straight up. Get rid of the frenzy defense debuff if berserk is overpowered or if the user is raging

what say you people

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject:

The only reason I ever used or asked for frenzy was on a non-tanking melee leg of a group.

I don't know if frenzy still gimps mana regen. If it does that might be the debuff to get rid of as opposed to the parry debuff.

I think the parry penalty can get removed from berserk entirely. Warriors probably could use a little juice and berserkers are already defensively crimped while raging.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: