Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Candy Land
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Candy Land

An idea fell by IRC which I noticed and really liked, that was to have a zone that is based on dreams/stars/candy/etc.

I thought about this and decided it would be cool if we combine it with the Strythmas theme and add an interesting christmas'y area, probably to winter. So we would see things like this in this area:

* animated highly aggressive christmas cards (Zaikkra is a necro so it can sorta fit)
* butt-shaped cookies to eat during the round
* a boss which is an evil snowman (bad mr frosty)

stardust armor would be the target, which actually also fits winter's other equipment

Do you guys feel this would be a good addition to the game? If you like this, we would probably go for a christmas release and try to do a really good job on it.
I hold concerns that this is OOC, but we do have strythmas

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Finally someone likes my idea! Laughing

Yeah I have been brainstorming this for a while now. I think I actually sent you an email a long while back with a few room descriptions. Anyway no clue where they are now. This could be pretty bad ass. I was thinking a Lighty quest giver at the entrance that tasks you with having to collect specific candy around the zone, return the candy to them for rewards. (Candy, pills that grant sanc, refresh, cure critical..) He would also have some nice unique gear that could be requested at lv 50. A few bosses I was going to suggest would be something like an Astral Knight. He would be bad ass, and kind of like a mixture of Xanthak and the Underworld to get to him. You would have to kill the other bosses, which are around the zone, not in one direct path, to get the keys that unlock the doors to him, then he would teleport around the zone, and you have to chase him down, making it a static fight, not just flee/murder/flee/murder.

I also wanted to see some puzzles put in. Questions about game lore that maybe if your group gets it right, spawns a creature, you kill that creature for a key, the key unlocks the next level and a harder question and a tougher boss. Make it hard, not common knowledge. Just some more ideas to add along.

Also like the idea of having "dream fragments" float around and fuck with people. Some are aggressive some are passive.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Would this be good to do as a limited area that is only open during the Strythmas season? A special section of winter open once a year?

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject:

I think it would awesome to have it all the time. Maybe have events in the zone for holidays that offer unique items once a year. We were just talking about more end game zones. I don’t think it really has to be connected to winter. Maybe it could sit further south of the mountains. Or if it is connected make it somewhere south west in the frozen tundra.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

perhaps some sort of factory that is building strythmas presents? thats a good setting for making door puzzles.. i am fine with limited access

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject:

I'm not really a big fan of this one. For a limited event sure, but that seems like it would be a lot of work for a limited area. Outside of that, it just doesn't seem that interesting to me. I could be entirely wrong and just don't see the whole vision, but it just doesn't sound that great to me, and I'm totally okay with being wrong here.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

Here’s the thing with limited events during the holiday, people don’t play that much during the holidays. I think we seen our lowest kill counts during the holiday season. I remember logging in for 4 hours and seeing 1 other person. It would be tough to get a group together for some hard pve.

The vision is: it’s everything you dream about, both good and bad with a crude holiday twist. We could even have something like the Nightmare tower or something super scary at the center of the whole place. Imagine Charlie and the chocolate factory mixed with Texas chainsaw massacre.

The content should not be easy by any means and the rewards should be best in slot. You could even risk losing all your equipment if you die inside specific areas if we wanted to get hardcore. There could be a new pet store somewhere inside that sells limited holiday pets, like a small snowman or something for Christmas and a living jack o lantern for Halloween. Perhaps the zone is permanent but only certain areas are open during each holiday.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

should make some mobs called the candy men

the toffee man would wield whips and stretch you on the rack if he beats you

the lollipop man wields a badass mace and squashes you

the candy cane man has hooks

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

That would be bad ass. Maybe have them in a group as a boss fight. One could be a warrior, shadow, and shaman. That shit would be tough. Make some sort of mobprog that targets casters with spells like blind and stuff.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Yep. Still not sold on this. Good thing I’m not the majority. Just sounds silly to me.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Mehhh. I'm not sure on this either. Sounds a little out of context to me.

It's like saying World of Warcraft creates a new dungeon of evil candyland. It doesn't fit their world nor lore. It's weird to me.

What's next, sesame street dungeon?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't like it as a permanent area.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

If this was like... happy tree friends kind of candy land, I could get on board... As a happy fun place to go and kill shit, sounds too kiddish to me.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

strythmas-themed toy factory somewhere in the cold north

* fiendish puzzles
* toy swords, toy spears
* an army of murderous penguins
* flying playing card mosquitos
* bad mr frosty, evil snowman boss with badass top hat.
* toffee man wielding whip
* lollipop man wielding badass mace
* candy man has candy hooks
* cookies in the shape of stryths butt

NOPE they said. Fucking NOPE.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

maybe they'll say yes if you offer the floating cityguard head

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

Hey a new area is a new area.... I just think it could be used elsewhere. At least this has an idea started, rather than trying to scrap one up.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I just wana see some stardust armor somewhere! That sounds bad ass.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

It'd be cool if the area only appeared in the very cold in-game winter months.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I think this idea is worth going forward with in some form because we have armor types now, going to Winter has been devalued a little bit by that because not everyoen wants the stuff, but with a good mixed group and different armor types you could have a team running through and getting good stuff for everybody

A variation of this idea is to have a gnome toy factory we talked about having before. this would be positioned in a way that its refuse flows into and populates the elemental canyon. Given that we already have stuff like gnome tron this might actually be a bit better

Any thoughts on this become a gnome thing instead of a christmas thing? I dont want gnomes to be pure stupid but i mean there are gnome illusionists so theres some basis for interesting characters and stardust armor type crap. And an evil druid would frown on all of it and provide the main antagonist

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

I like the elemental canyon part and the gnome and druid aspects are nice. I'm on board with that. You got rid of this candy terribleness and I'm certainly more sold on it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: