Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Lawful DKN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Lawful DKN

I know the old thread is locked, but I was thinking about it. A lawful DKN has better nightmare control and riding a mount is pretty much the only good thing about the lawful DKN besides spellstrike. Wouldn't it make sense then to replace the trip skill with the bash skill since you cannot trip while mounted? If I'm an expert rider, I should be able to gallop forward and bash into my enemies. It just doesn't make sense to me to have lawful DKN lose bash and keep trip and be geared towards riding nightmare stallion while being unable to stun while actually mounted. Just food for thought.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

To add on to your idea mate, a new tramble ability for experienced riders would be cool. Keep bash and trip for grounded players (cant be flying or mounted, maybe replace bashing while flying with a dive bash skill?) Could be coo

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Dive bash would obviously be restricted to avians, but maybe dks warriors can benefit from this. Other races just need not be flyin yo

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I like the trample idea, and not saying this to "but" it away again, I think if we go that path we should introduce a bit of innate clumsiness to riding. For instance, horses, could keep track whatever direction you came into a room from so that there is a concept of facing a direction, so that we can add counter-play off that. Like if you do trample facing east it will only trample people on your east side. And you would have to "face w" to turn your horse around the other way, as a lagging command. We could have a prompt for whichever direction your horse / your opponents horse is currently facing, as well as show it in the room desc (instead of "is riding on stallion" its "is facing west on stallion"). If someone is on a horse and has their back to you on it, (A) they shouldnt be trampling you then, (B) they might find dodge and third attack is harder. So that the rider has to maneuver his mount appropriately, and actually could whiff his trample completely, as opposed to just always being more powerful. Hnngh, maybe we just need a more elaborate co-ordinate system, this seems right but might not fit AR

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

bash on lawful dk would be OP. One of the core defining features of the lawful dk is that they don't get bash. The whole thing is built around removing bash and unholy strength and giving them replacements.

So far I have not seen a lawful DK played properly, which means nobody to this day has fully tested it. People have been trying to play it as if it were the same as a chaotic DK. It's meant to play like a paladin.

This class will never get bash. If it gets bash, the lawful DK will be removed and all DKs going forward will use the chaotic spec and I will judge the pbase to be incapable of handling class specializations.

I will repeat this for dramatic effect:

Rothak and Arunore, neither of you understand what the differences are between the lawful and chaotic DK and you do not yet know what is powerful about the lawful DK.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I always saw lawful dks as using an attrition fighting style. They wear you down with their advanced maledictions and better control of their nightmares to charge down down their foes while casting at them. In my own experience, the reason I unfavor a devil DKN is the lack of mana regen beyond meditation with a great dependency it seems on it. but that's my view.

Also, getting trapped in Seringale and your movement are being sapped like crazy? Sounds like the DKN is gonna get you easy.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I agree, if there is a biggest weakness of the lawful DK it's mana regen

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Youre right nyc, havent played a dk since worrokk before you changed them

Im more or less just shooting off rothaks idea, im not saying yeah give it to em.

The trample would be the bash.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

I like your idea Dav. It makes sense and it adds more to the game. My only issue with it is where do you draw the line? Does facing east and moving west cost more movement than east and east? Is backstab only usable when the target has their back to you? Is this another one of those features that would eventually make it so that only the best of the best use them and is eventually removed?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

I’m uncertain if it’s chanced, but they did/do have trample. Only if they’re plagued or contagioned or both, I cannot remember.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

To clarify, I wasnt thinking trample would be a DK-only skill. Although, obviously it IS a skill.

Perhaps we could start a small pool of general skills, like trample, that a player could pick from. That would let us add new skills to the game without having to come up with a new class.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: