Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Player determined content

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Player determined content

Okay so what if we had an event that was sort of like a competition. It could be a body count for pks, or grinding away at mobs, catching fish, whatever. Then have the outcome impact the game in some small way. Other players of opposing ideologies interfere or work hard to their own end. The results become a new area or a major overhaul of an old area.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

we have these constantly

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

I had no idea it was a thing... Okay what if when a cabal is in power it reflected on the world. Occultists roaming around when Legion is in power, squires for Knights, etc. I just feel like it would add more immersion to the game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

the weather reacts to the cabal that's in power, the cabal currently in power is shown at http://abandonedrealms.com/realms/cabals/

I've given 2 players full control of areas. One was Mkatos who decided to add a few statues to the Legion I think and that was it. Some other guy was the governor of Darkhaven and had the ability to redesign the city and add rooms or houses. He didn't want to change anything.

I do lesser things all the time. Recently I transferred a guy to my throne room and offered him any one wish if he won a coin toss but I'd eat him if he lost. He turned it down.

I also posted a note to all within the past year saying I hate the kaddar sliths and want the faeries back and offered rewards to people who killed tons of sliths and drove them out of the area, but nobody did that either.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I know on Luthir I killed over 100 of those kaddar llamias or whatever they are. I didn't know how you were tracking them or when the dead line was and figured since I didn't hear anything then someone else must have killed more of them. Meh.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: