Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

[2018 Q3] Wild weapons damage

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: [2018 Q3] Wild weapons damage

I've been told in-game by older players returning to the game that these weapons seem very unbalanced and I'm thinking we should debate and determine to fix, at least to have a thread to point people at if we don't make a change.

Here are the issues I've personally felt were f'ed up.

1) Wearing a two-handed weapon in low levels is more damage than dual wield until it is almost mastered. Making that weapon deal wild damage is double damage on top is tons of damage and who can resist the lure of rolling chaotic when its that easy to hit mangles with them quite frankly.

2) It seems like the drawback is very plain, some attacks do double damage and some do like half or whatever it is. That's really not stopping them burst people dead quite easily when the stars align.

3) its a class of gear which is available only to chaotics.

Suggestions, of which we could use one or more or none of -
1. some sort of internal cooldown prevents wild strike from occuring repeatedly in the same round
2. wild weapons are easier to disarm, easier to disintegrate etc
3. wild weapons blow up more easily from enchant weapons
4. wild weapon damage bonus is weapon level-based % (weapons in lowbie hands are scaled down already somewhat so this would adjust)
5. wild weapons dont go past ave 20 anymore as a game rule. thats so that you can run around being billy badass chaotic thief with your dangerous dagger in low levels that nobody really wants to take from you, but at the top levels you have to find better tools than that and compete with everyone else for that equipment. your advantage remains if nobody is better geared.
6. maybe wild weapons could accidentally strike allies in gangbangs for double damage, instead of doing their crap grazes. this can extend to any ordinary un-assassinateable big fight mobs also so we are clearly conveying that

Please feel free to pile on more issues or suggestions, or refute them. Is there anybody happy with things as they are?

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Of those ideas...

#1 is definitely a valid concern. I remember seeing a log of a dark-knight dealing ===OBLITERATES=== with a charge a few years back (it might have been with maxed unholy strength however).

#2 should also be addressed. The motivation is there for players to take wild items so as to increase overall damage, especially with the Justice Kite Shield removed.

#3 well... This is definitely true, not something which necessarily needs to be addressed. People forget that chaotic ethos characters have disadvantages (no autopeace in town, punishments are more harsh when Justice apprehends you, can't pay off a WANTED flag which neutrals can*, etc.)

* at least, I seem to remember this being the case. Correct me if I am wrong.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm considering adding a chance for wild weapons to break when landing a wild attack.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: