Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

HP gain with level, how?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: HP gain with level, how?

Hi!

I am really curious about how the hp gain per level works.

For an example, as drow, I am getting either 6 hp per level or big gain like 10-13 hp per level. Is it completely random? Will I end up with a handicap character if I get "bad luck" gains all the way til 50 or does it even itself out at some point?

I experimented getting from level 1 to 4 with same char over and over again and HP gain difference seems huge.
Made another char, finished desc and background entries, then started gaining 6-7 hp per level - just wondering if I should delete and start again to avoid having a disadvantage on level 50?

Please let me know, if you can provide any insight into this or any suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
twerp
xx

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Hi twerp,

hp gain per level is based on your con stat and modified for your class, so for an example, berserkers get more hp than invokers, and dwarfs get more hp than humans, so dwarf berserker will have a bit more hp than human berserker, and way more hp than human invoker. if you picked a drow invoker, you picked a low con and a class that gets low hp. There is also a "bonus starting hp" which some races have. i think elf straight away gets 10 hp less, and giants get 10 hp more.

Its not just as simple as that though, if you are a drow you get 75% skill in a single practice and you spend all the saved practices into hp, which is a significant amount of hp when youre a drow mage especially considering the proportion that adds. like if you could save 50 practices on an invoker, you are increasing your hp by almost 10% just from that. Players who play dwarf healers typically use 2 practices which is an extraordinary self-mutilation (or so is doing all the training, depending on how you want to look at it) . just look at the amount of skills druids have for another example

you also need to take into account training into your stats. those trains can be used for hp. then the stats can be filled to their maximums by using rare items. but then youre making it hard to use the items that add the most damage since we've deliberately made it hard to max stats on those (those that do like the ring of fire and elven globe of light are highly coveted items)

the most hp character will 1 prac skills, leave stats at their bases, rely on the kind of rares you get once in 5 years and quite honestly probably truck over the average 75% skills human dufus, drow or not, feel free to reroll the first few levels to get a good start all you want but youre basically only increasing the length of time you are spending in the statroller part of the game at that point, for very little. randomness will even out over the course of 50 levels

1 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!!

This explanation was really helpful Smile It all makes sense now!

xx

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: