Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Strip Justice protection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Strip Justice protection

Justice with guard is obviously super powerful and there's an incentive when you're a Justice to go to town when you're losing and wait for your opponent to get frustrated and eat a wanted flag and sure death.

What if we stripped protection from Justices so that they could not flag someone for attacking them in town but could retaliate against someone who attacks them. They would still serve the role of newbie protector to the extent that they were designed for but would not be able to hide behind the boom hammer of the special guard.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

That sounds pretty stupid Ergorion.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

That's not a constructive response.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

Hrm lets see. We have the law, but cops aren't protected by the Law Yay. Yeah I don't think so. How many justices are there? I have never seen a lot of justices at one time, so what one or two? Who even cares?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

I care. I think Justice has a disproportionate amount of power.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

Silliness. You leave justice alone, and stay in town there is absolutely nothing they can do. Thats what everyone else does except in times of need. Everyone else just takes the fist and disables their power.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Hilarious if you think Justice guard is nearly as powerful as it once was. Make this thread ten years ago. Thank you.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

No
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

At this point I almost want higher ranked Justice the ability to strip the citizens protection they hold so dearly, without them knowing. A solid (DUNFUCKEDUP) flag Justice can read.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Is anyone doing well with a 50 thief vs the law? I mean if any class is going to be able to function with justices in town, probably that one. Not that they should mass murder but steals and being able to evade apprehension are important to keep justices busy

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Ergo, roll a Justice. From what I’ve seen you haven’t played one out since all the changes were made about 3 years ago. Play one to significance and then if you still feel they’re OP come back and revive this thread.

0 0 0
Taor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

The only thing that's stupid and overprotective towards Justice is the fact that if you kill them with intruder flag you get wanted.

Sure, that would be tolerable if you'd kill them in their own cabal, but if you do so in sewers or whatever shithole, then you should definitely not get wanted.

ESPECIALLY because you can't pay fine off when fist is capped.

I feel like Justice got way too many built-in babysitting going on, giving them an upper hand when they don't deserve it.

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Special guard can see a wanted thief, you must be hiding in order to steal from someone, even if the person is blackjacked. atleast get rid of sword on their skill list, good lord.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Should be able to pay off intruder flag with fist capped, a bit silly that you can't.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

can't pay off fines either.

so if you'd get fined for some reason and justice quits out before retrieving you will be wanted for sure.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

I think you should get marked for taking cabal items across the board.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

[quote]Hrm lets see. We have the law, but cops aren't protected by the Law Yay. Yeah I don't think so. How many justices are there? I have never seen a lot of justices at one time, so what one or two? Who even cares?

2 of the top 5 are Justices, which, with a 10 or less player base, represents a huge percentage of power....just saying.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

To be fair the top list doesn't represent an adequate picture.

Taor is a shaman, which means that anyone with max saves makes him a wet noodle, as he loses 99% of power. That's why I stopped using torments on Veromos and went for titanium tenor and dam.

Jorax is fed by Luc, Taor etc. because of criminal flags and overly eager to PK while he just wimps around.

Kuraga is definitely the most competent and deadly right now, he seems like a true veteran player. Fast and skilled. Simply not active enough to score more kills.

Trelanya is far from being top PKer, she almost never PKs unless with buddies. Which makes sense as she's a healer (support) and noble etc.

Ethaac doesn't seem to be PKing either.

Vyun is as a new as I am, probably newer, he got a lucky last hit on Taor to get that bump from 12. spot or something.

But Justice does hold the most power because anyone who wants to fight them are FORCED to have at least some kind of disadvantage if Justice chooses to sit in town or simply recalls to town when in trouble.

I'd say that the fact that you get wanted for being intruder is all fine and dandy but only IF you kill Justice in their cabal. Other places outside of town shouldn't really count. Same as paying off fines with fist captured, it's just silly because Justice can still fine/wanted without Fist.

Let's say a noob gets fined for wild weapon in town and Justice quits out with fist at Zaikkra, what can he do? Just quit out and wait for better days or get wanted. That's a bit silly!

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

naw. that's easily fixed. don't wear wild weapons in town. just because you can't pay the fine off doesn't mean oh that's op or broken. you are choosing to break the law in the first place. just remember, you can literally sit in town and never leave and the justice will never be able to do anything to you EVER

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

All you guys complaining about killing Justice while intruder and unable to pay off flag can suck it

I'm concerned about thieves and steal

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: