Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 20 hours, 34 mins.

[2018 Q3] Some classes and races are vastly unrepresented.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q3] Some classes and races are vastly unrepresented.

Looking at the player page it appears that there is a substantial difference between the most represented races and classes and the least.

As of right now there are: 2 bards, 7 shaman, 8 necros, 9 shadows, 9 rangers, 12 healers, 12 druids, 13 warriors, 14 zerkers, 16 pallies, 16 illusionists, 18 thieves, 21 invokers, and 22 monks.

For races: 2 storm giants, 2 slith, 3 stone giants, 3 pixies, 5 minotaur, 6 gnome, 6 duergar, 6 illithid, 7 fire giant, 7 werebeasts, 10 jotun, 10 avian, 10 halflings, 17 drow, 22 half-elf, 22 elves, and 35 humans.

Now I could probably pull out some fancy statistics with those numbers, but I honestly don't remember enough about that sort of thing to find out if those numbers have meaning or even which tests to do.

My first question is, is this intentional? Are some classes designed to be greatly easier to play than others? Are the more difficult classes designed with an inherent higher ceiling if so?

I think if we are in the process of balancing things out we need to figure out why people aren't playing certain races and certain classes. Why are there so many more monks and only two bards? Why is no one playing storm giants or slith? Why so many freakin Humans?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

yes, it's intentional. There are too many jotuns I guess, and too many monks

xp cost is one way we balance the race proportions

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

I realize that this is a huge question, but does this beg the question that floors and ceilings for races and classes are not adjusted accordingly? The vast majority of the player base have been around for a decent amount of time, shouldn’t the more difficult to play classes be more represented if we are that experienced?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

I don't think so since pk is such a large part of the game. The classes/races we want to see more of are actually more powerful in a pk than others. The xp cost causes more lower level players to be in your pk range and fewer higher level players, and you get stat synergies and racial legacies working for you. Look at how powerful a human DK is compared to an alhoon. That's partially because we don't want 100 alhoons everywhere

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

That makes sense from an RP standpoint. Humans should be one of the most plentiful because largely the main cities are Human ran, running in to other races is not uncommon but some of them are a lot more rare than others.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Will not fix, working as intended.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: