Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

[2018 Q4] Official Strythmas wishlist thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

From the heart in the Battlegrounds. Where there’s a “shrine” dedicated to some of the old players.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

there's lots of blood supplies it's not just the heart. I can think of two other supplies of blood right off the top of my head. one is purchased one is harvested. the one that is bought is also a perm supply of blood where the harvested runs out eventually. I honestly don't ever do what he is saying so I'm not really partial to what he is saying. but I am super privy to the store bought supply of blood and would be very disappointed if this changed. so I know were not supposed to knock the ideas in this thread but I had to say something.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ok this is not my intent, my intent is to have the only sources of lots of blood to be cabal powers and the bloodlet command (which can't be used to fill containers). We should probably change the liquid being emitted by the heart in battlegrounds to something else.

I am not sure, I'll have to review the item, but I don't think blood should be purchaseable from any vendor. That is not to my intent.

Another imm besides me might have put thought in here so let's wait for a little more feedback before we make any changes.

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

It’s not a requested but an observation...drinking blood...eww! Especially from an RP observation.

What about building on to the ‘cooking’ command a basic cooking recipe/craft system? Get ingredients from various shops to make meals. Maybe just a couple foods to give it a trial run. Then incentivize the meals, they keep longer, bestow a small buff of some sort otherwise unable to be obtained, maybe a small training or xp boost a la boss monster challenge, maybe an increase chance for items to proc, maybe the cooking process has a chance to lure a friendly, (unique!) pet to the fire, that may stay or become an permanent pet if you feed him?

investigate rumors of a miniature giant space hamster that roams the forests at night? (Minsc may beat us to death for the reference, but it’s still pretty awesome)

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

There might be decent RP reasons for someone to drink blood, and that's fine and I'd encourage it, but I don't think it should cover your need for food. I find it ridiculous that people can just carry a tankard of water and another of blood and they would never need to worry about food or drink ever again. Just think about that for a moment.

I mean at this point we may as well just take the entire mechanic of needing food and water right out of the game if we are going to take the route of not caring about this exploited workaround. Not saying we aren't going to take measures but in my eyes it just ruins so much for me when I see it. Suppose I can try to take a blind eye to it just expect me not to care for those people that do it.

BTW: there is an entire fountain of blood in the game people can refill at if I recall correctly.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

On the subject of food and drink in general... Dysentery suddenly becomes far less potent if we remove hunger and thirst from the game. On the other hand, using hunger and thirst to eliminate assassination attempts is also removed. There are tactics involving the use of hunger and/or thirst to avoid being at full hp... For example, a ranger can camouflage and wait until hunger and/or thirst damages them if they are fighting a shadow (or possibly a thief to avoid backstabbing attempts). Also, I have seen people drinking milk (increases satiation while also increasing the level of thirst) as a similar measure.

And yeah, not caring about food because you can drink blood is silly. Although classes with summon can always obtain water currently (summoning puddles will eventually give you one with a filled water jug), using summon to get food is inconsistent unless the Grand Pooh-Ba is summoned by a class which uses staves.

Just my thoughts, of perhaps questionable relevance.

Edit: my point is that I agree with Kedaleam about the blood fountain thing.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject:

nah we'll always have food and drink for sure no need to worry about that

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject:

this used to be one of those secret things only a few people knew about. I used to really like filling a holy grail with blood from a blood fountain, because it was a practically infinite source of food. That is pretty great and I want to keep that mechanic around somehow but if everyone knows about this stuff then it's no good, everyone will be trying to fill flasks and stuff with blood for emergencies.

There are two other liquids I know of that grant some hunger also, mead and milk. We could add mead crafting and maybe cows for lairs. Maybe you should be able to build a barn in your lair, and a field to plant wheat in. Then you could fill your own bottles with liquid that maybe isn't as good as blood but is more rp appropriate and not too hard to make.

Or maybe we could just make blood in a container evaporate a certain amount of time after the container is filled.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

i think its fine as it is. you drink blood you get thirst with it. who the fuck cares. it will run you out of water. if you dont want to drink blood, then dont drink it. i wouldnt do it because i know its inefficient but i like people tributing the god of blood in this way. could make it less sating or more thirsting but it already sucks imo

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

it never rots and you can carry fuck tons of it

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject:

Does milk expire? If we make blood expire, can it coagulate? Like, a <container> of blood turns into a scab-filled <container>!??!?!?!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject:

Have we added non-rare water containers with loads of drinks? In my day, 16 drink barrels were all you got. This seems like serious nuisance.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

@ Davairus: there is one readily available if you have enough Herald chips... Noldo sells a bottomless tankard which is effectively a portable fountain which can be poured out and filled with specific drinks.

On that note, the silver chalice or whatever in Winter's entryway is also a fountain... It used to be a held item, which made it convenient for illusionists... From what I remember it could be imbued too. Not sure on its current status as that was several years ago...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ok then blood fountain grew OP

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

On occasion I keep a human skull full of blood in my bag, but in all fairness I have been doing that longer than this fountain has been around.

Everyone has to deal with hunger and the skull is a backup or I start killing villages of people for body parts and then gnome babies explode. On occasion I have offered the blood to others or ran into people who do not eat body parts and been surprised, but eating hearts is satisfying and rewarding.

I was surprised the body altar is not a second shrine to our Blood God, but everyone should visit and store an aged human skull for when your food has soured.

Besides, there are creatures in the land who need blood and I rather them find a fountain than find me licking my wounds.

Mary Strythmas

Ps the silver chalice is rare, makes it less convenient but I still love mine despite having a bottomless tankard. It is time to find a beer fountain or a long forgotten barrel of beer and see if that will be an endless drink. I hear near the minotaur with the black kite shield is a forgotten barrel of beer.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Maybe requiring that fountain to be refilled with corpses or when it rains blood might work, but blood should flow and flood these lands.

I actually like the corpse idea, bigger the corpse, more blood, like small creatures 1 drink, medium 2, large 3 and a capacity limit on the fountain of 666 that leaves the ground soggy.

If someone uses a tankard then good those things cost chips, but if you nerf the fountain you should add rot death to the tankard.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

the fountain seems ok. the non rare tankard isnt

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

up the price of the tankard. you can buy it for 100 chips, which is 10 medals if you buy the prize from the juggernaut. Its easy. or go farm some wisps till you get two essence. I had a duergar druid, since duergar are circle of blood, run around with a tankard of blood, and a tankard of water. I once made a character who would store milk in one tankard, since it wasn't from a fountain, just held a lot of milk. Didn't spoil or anything. Now a days, I just kill something easy to kill, make a fire, and roast it. why spend money on food at low levels when you don't need to?

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Also, could we add the hp regen/mana regen/move regen and concentration to the codex?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject:

Just for the record, no further submissions are being accepted now.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: