Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 16 hours, 14 mins.

Chance of Pry dropping item to ground on failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Buff Pry?
Yes, buff Pry
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No, don't buff Pry
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
This is a bad idea
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Chance of Pry dropping item to ground on failure

Should the Pry skill, on failure, still have a small chance of removing the item but dropping it on the ground instead of the thief getting it in inventory right away?

This failure would wake the target up like Pry does now, but would still remove the item. The owner could pick it up right away or the item could be vultured.

The lag from Pry would be the thing preventing the thief from just immediately picking it up.

0 1
boo,
pip

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

I think being blackjacked for 3 hours is disorienting enough, especially since thieves don't suffer the same repercussions as ninjas for being seen and can flee and blackjack whenever.

If this change is implemented, you add the requirement to respond to making the decision to flee and quaff purple vs. gathering your eq or just outright losing it to a vulture. I think this is too complicated for the average player and will almost always give the thief the upper hand no matter what because they either get your item from success, dirt kick you to prevent you from picking it up and/or you take an unsanced beating while you gather your stuff (remember that if they pry/steal your sack they are zapped with anti-alignment /anti-ethos eq and it comes out of container).

With all the thieves I've had in the past, I always felt like pry was balanced. Afterall, you have the skills to disassemble someones inventory and equipment list. That's exceptionally powerful when done right.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

hm the sack zap thing sounds like bad news, items shouldn't zap you until you try to take them out

seems like someone was trying to keep a mechanic consistent and made a balance mistake with that one

I think we should fix off-align items in sacks so they don't zap you until you touch them by trying to take them out.

0 1
boo,
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I really like the idea of the sack. I'm not sure we need to do much with pry, but a small chance of dropping the item sounds reasonable. Like if you barely fail.

0 1
boo,
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

why are we buffing thieves when 1:a thief is number 1 on the pk list 2:they don't really need MORE bonus's or maybe slith thiefs need a vuln more than "charm". you can't really dirt kick them, hobbled they can easily flee before any affects are taken from hobble so it's like meh whats the point in buffing them even more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

btw the success rate for blackjack why having adrenaline is bullshit i can't tell you how many times ive been blackjacked after initiating battle IE: both of us have adrenaline when the help file specifically states it's a higher chance of failure that way. Shit ijigoshk doens't even care if he gets blackjack off to start because it doens't really seem to make a difference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

I love this idea because everyone would gather to watch a blackjack haha

0 1
boo,
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject:

I like the idea because it makes sense. If someone was sleeping IRL and i felt like walking up and TRYING to steal their phone from their hands or something, there is a chance they wake up in the process, but I still manage to steal or drop whilst trying to "pry" it from them.

Clearly not everything has to make an IRL comparison like that. As much as I like to think I can cast hellstream in real life, I can't. This one just seems fitting. And I love watching thieves do their thing. Buff them more plz.

1 1
boo,
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject:

I would personally love it if more stuff in game just “made sense”. It sucks because a lot of things are just not feasible and are either entirely game breaking or just plain OP. I made a post a long while ago about the representation of different classes, races, and a variety of combinations of the two and was answered with “because we want common stuff to be common and rare stuff to be rare” essentially. Thieves have a very low (0?) base exp cost. So they should be common. Yet we have one around now (and a few well before the combat module change) that were simply exceptional. Is this a class that is simply too difficult (unless you’re a master of the game) to be okay at? Is it that this one person doing simply because they are exceptional and could do this with any race/class combo and an outlier? Or is changing the class something that can be potentially game breaking? Should we have a low (or not, I’ve been drinking and honestly can’t remember) exp and therefore well represented class be noteworthy because of outliers like Camokathar and Ikigoshk (sp probably) because this is a class to be contended with or because exceptional people are playing them? You know what I’m saying, if not I’ll clarify tomorrow evening. Is the class fine as it is, should it be easier to be better at, are the rest of us just bad. What is going on here? I honestly feel like at fifty the class is not well represented. We have a minute amount of data given the time since the change in combat. Someone else should have figured this out by now unless it’s one person (not m1co, we don’t see six people logging on at the same time). I’m going to bed. Goodnight.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 1
boo,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: