Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Mudlet GUI and Setup scripts, Triggers, Aliase - XML EXPORTS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rexaxle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Mudlet GUI and Setup scripts, Triggers, Aliase - XML EXPORTS

Hey guys,

Probably no one knows me, I used to play a long time ago and just got back into it recently.

I downloaded Mudlet and started getting into it and wanted to have a better GUI setup, obviously a bit more customized for AR. Started studying and built out the GUI and Triggers.

Below I included links for: Setup scripts XML, Triggers XML, Aliases XML

All you need to do is import these I believe. If there are any issues please post back here and I will remedy asap.

- I am using a Mac and mac version of Mudlet, shouldnt matter though what the OS is
- The setup scripts will setup the GUI and will also variables that are used in the Triggers
- The Triggers are built to catch WHERE, WHO, AFFECT, SCORE, CHAT LOGS, RANDOM LOGS, COMBAT LOGS (random logs show things like Sanc falling, etc)
- The aliases are just setup for clearing the boxes ("clearall" to clear them all)
- Once you get the hang of it, it should be pretty easy to customize it beyond this for whatever works for you
- Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer as best I can
- **** NO MAPPING ***** I know how to do this, but it will take a while, if there are enough people interested then I could build it out

Setup scripts:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=14073879626193510621

Triggers:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=99075276654839625153

Aliases:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05990075652747526785

Enjoy!

Last edited by rexaxle on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

A bit more info:

Screenshot of how it would look once you get it setup and imported:
https://ibb.co/mZVc5L

I forgot to mention that at the top I also included clickable boxes:
WEST, NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, UP, DOWN, OPEN W, OPEN N, OPEN S, OPEN E, GET ALL, SAC 1.

The Health, Mana, Movement guages at the bottom are sooo useful, I love them. To use them all you have to is have the beginning of your prompt setup like this:

<%ihp %jm %kmv

And then you can have whatever else you want on the prompt after that.

Once you take a look at the stuff and play with it, you could build more or customize whats there pretty easily.

Note: The "SCORE" box works best when you type (wo) and (sc), "worth" and then "score". This is because I was grabbing the gold and relics from Worth... What i did for now as setup an alias (wsc) or (wosc) to call worth and score. I am most likely going to change this to just grab stuff from score.

If you all like it, I will post my updates/finished version once I get it built out more. Still could use coloring for certain messages in the boxes, capture more messages, respond to combat situations, etc..

It absolutely works really well right now though, and has made my experience a lot better for certain things. For example, being in a group and the text is flying through and you cant make out your affects, who, where, or anything very well, this just captures so you look at the box regardless of the speed the screen is going.

Mudlet also has IRC integration. You just put in the correct info in Preferences -> Special Options (info found on IRC Help on AR website). To disconnect when finished just type '/quit' (im sure lots of people know this - I had to figure it out for a while lol).

* I will definitely look in to the MSDP stuff, have yet to look into it at all.
* I have been editing these top 2 posts to add more info. I will continue to update the first post links to TinyUpload urls as I make changes or fixes worth it. If there's any significant changes or additions I'll post about it on the thread, but links on the first post will always have latest.

Last edited by rexaxle on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:34 am; edited 4 times in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

This is really cool man. I appreciate you sharing it with everybody. Very cool shit.
There's a bunch of MSDP stuff implemented in the game if you want to do a little better with the gauges. I am not sure how mudlet implements it but they have documentation written for it.

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

Oh man, this is fantastic. I recently switched over to Mudlet myself. I can't wait to use this!

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

Reminds me the good ol' days when me and Davairus were not enemies and coded a real nifty mud client together :/

gj

user was banned for this post

0 1
boo,
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Working on MSDP and improvements

Hey guys,

I figured out the MSDP stuff and have been integrating it. I'm improving the GUI some and going to improve lots as far as triggers/aliases/colors/some other goodies.

Just posting the update in case anyone IS or WANTS to use Mudlet but wanted a much better setup. From the MSDP I will be showing lots/everything of use, and I also have a WHERE/WHO/CHAT LOGS/COMBAT LOGS/RANDOM LOGS boxes.

I'm just nerding out on it haha, but hopefully some other folks like it. Keep you posted.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

I'm super stoked to give this a try, because I noticed when I used mudlet that it seems to be a super fast client.

Mirroring Davo's statement, this is super appreciated and I can't wait to give it a shot! Thanks for the time investment,

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: This thread is no longer up to date

Please dont use this thread anymore to post anything, I made so many updates/changes/additions to what I built that it warranted a whole new post basically.

And probably best if an Imm could delete this thread so that people dont get it confused with the new one/dont get the wrong downloads.

Latest GUI Thread:
http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12155

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: