Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

Druid staff/crystal charging/ spell help files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Druid staff/crystal charging/ spell help files

So the helpfile says that the crystals you slot into your druid staff should glow when they're getting charged or are charged. Why not have an in combat message when a druid casts a spell saying x crystal glows with X elemental force? I think it';d be an immersive way to see what spell does what type of element, since not every spell file says what element the spell is.

That might be another thing that needs to be added to the spell help files would be what element the spell represents. You can kind of figure it out on your own, but a handy dandy reference tool would be appreciated to confirm your hunches!

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Fairly certain the RP of druids relies heavily on passed knowledge by way of word of mouth. Make druid friends, and experiment.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Yes thats true kornhole, as long as people stay willing to answer the questions

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I can see the point on the help files and I would argue that what I suggested is something that’s already available in game in a different format. The Druid prompt. That tells you what charge is getting put into a stave already. What I’m suggesting is something that I thought may have been overlooked. I.e. when you chant a spell and your staff has no crystals slotted, you get text that says no crystals to charge or something like that. If you slot a crystal and repeat the process, there’s no feedback outside of what you see in the Druid prompt, until you cast a second spell of opposite element.

If you’re already prompted when you cast a spell with no shards slotted, what’s the harm of adding a line of text saying a abc shard blazes with fiery energy, or glows a rich Liam brown, or crackles with lightning? This does not tell you what any combination of spells does what in a brandish. I just think it’s flavor text to enrich your experience.

For that matter, even in the needle help file it clearly states that it is an earth based spell. I believe faerie blast states it is fire based. A couple others, like call lightning should be obvious, but many of the other utility spells have no element listed.

If you want all knowledge to be handed down, then I would argue that not only should the Druid prompt be removed, as well as those elemental references being removed from the help files.

To me, it seems like I’m getting conflicting information in game so I’m asking which is right, and if the idea I suggested has any merit, flavor wise. If it inspires something else though, great!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I'll look into this.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: