Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Pose, resting, and re aliasing socials?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Pose, resting, and re aliasing socials?

Pulled this from Dav’s sticky:
ecast:: add a little flair to your spells (adds an emote after the utter)
pose:: modify your room description (ie. Bob is here.). can modify resting and sleeping position also
esay: modifies the way you talk e.g. Arulin bellows (instead of Arulin says).. dont make it corny

and of course there is all the socials, cackle, peer, etc, these would be good things to re-alias to do your own way.

I had a question about these, modifying resting and sleeping positions in particular. Currently, I believe you just rest then just use the pose to adjust the way you look, right? I was looking for some sort of option like Esay for rest, so that when you type in rest you would ‘collapse bonelessly to the ground, panting lustily’ and not have to choose the pose, though. Guess an alias could fix that. Also, re-aliasing socials, for example “alias giggle emote giggles like a red headed step-child, how rude!” Would that take priority over the in game social? Or would you need to rename the alias to something else?

Which made me think of something else. Esay is limited to local chat, can we edit group chat the same way, eg. Resatimm cackles to the group : yadda yadda yadda? Or figure out some way to mirror our Esay to group chat?

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject:

I like the idea of adding the esay short to group tell.

Yes, setting an alias in game will replace game commands, such as socials. That is probably your best option at the moment - and I think it's another great idea.

As a sidenote, socials can target items now. Enjoy kissing your loot. Wink

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: