Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

An update for cabal applicants

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: An update for cabal applicants

Ok, this is still a bit of a work in progress, I'll admit.. but enough progress has been made that you're probably going to come ask me what's going on if you don't hear from me first. So here is the details:

Applications:

A) The command "applicant" which previously listed cabal applicants is gone. Applications are now managed directly from the notes.
B) Application voting is better functioning. You can now change your vote to something else if you later decide you've changed your mind about the applicant. If you are an applicant and see a disapprove, my advise to you is to ask them what you need to do to earn a place in the cabal.
C) There is a new note command "close" available to, well, close applications.
D) There is a full log of reasons being kept if someone is approved, disapproved of. If a cabal application is rejected, we'll be able to tell you what the people that rejected said. I thought this might be good for making rejections a teachable moment. Although it seems like a rare event that people get rejected from cabals nowadays. But the feedback is being collected

Auto-inducts:

All auto-inducts now require a mandatory 7 days wait and minimum of at least 20 hours played on that character. You can get manually inducted faster. A "disapprove" will block auto-induct, so my advice is that you don't pick a dumb name, write a crappy application or do anything else stupid.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

All the coding I wanted to do here is now completed. Appreciate help finding the bugs or more likely decisions that don't work out.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

So with that said........

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

OK, I don't expect anyone to feel like they care about this change too much. I'll just tell you that because of these updates we were already able to stop another auto-induct name catastrophe. It was very warming for me personally to see the rename happen and also be able to actually revert disapproval and change the direction somebody's application was going in without a big fuss and delete. I feel it will help prevent much more drama in the future. Drama I'm sure we are rather burned out on, as this update was also really directly in response to AnOldSoul's threads. We've had many big fights and fell out with each other over this stuff. Lets wait and see how this goes. I really hope its resolved.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I think this is a good change, Have the helpfiles been updated for cabal members to see how this works now?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

That's a strange question to ask. Can you not log into the game? Use http://abandonedrealms.com/help/

0 1
boo,
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

Ouch. The equivalent of getting a “let me google that for you” link in response to a question in an email.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

It's not a strange question to ask. The help files on this are still outdated. I was leaving for work when I asked the question and thus could not log in to check. Looking at it now, they haven't been updated. Normally stuff like this is clearly documented with lists in the helf piles of what other files to look at. Could be confusing for people not used to managing applicants.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Yeah I’ve noticed stuff on the website doesn’t always sync with in game too. Not really predictable either or I’d submit a bug report or something
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I'll update the help files today.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Done. Log a bug if I missed any.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: