Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Q1 2019 Balance Patch Notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Q1 2019 Balance Patch Notes

Objects
- Several items underwent a material audit. Some metal items are now made of non-metal materials.
- A new high tier lightweight axe has been added to The Ford.
- A new mid-level shield with moderate ac and hp has been added to Grimforge.
- The helpfiles for each weapon type have been updated to include the attribute tied to it. i.e: mace - strength, whip - dexterity.
- A sepulcher and examination table that be deployed in lairs are now purchasable in Darkhaven. Yarbok will no longer sell the sepulcher.
- Body parts ripped off on a creature's death now match that creature's level.

Mobs
- Druid mobs will now cast appropriate-level druid spells in combat. Beware.
- There is no longer a necromancer guildmaster in the Dark Legionnaire garbage chute.
- A new necromancer guildmaster has arrived in Darkhaven.
- Stored pets are assigned a number visible on 'pet list' and can now be summoned by their name or their number.
- An issue where pets sometimes have more hp than their maximum on level up or pet summon has been fixed.
- There is now a brief cooldown on summoning the same pet back after dismissal. The cooldown doesn't affect summoning other pets.
- Scarecrow recovers from arm distension normally.

Skills/Spells
- Charmies no longer block a player from picking a lock.
- Spells can now target objects that are ON other objects when it is appropriate to do so.
- Summoning a player or charmie now causes adrenaline if the target is in pk range and not in your group.
- Summoning while affected by Curse of Acadia now has a chance to summon a hellhound from Acadia instead of the intended target.

Disarm
- Disarming a primary weapon, offhand weapon, or shield will cause the weapon to fall to the ground.
- Nodrop and noremove will still be checked normally.
- Mobs will quickly pick up disarmed weapons and shield unless they can't see it.

Classes
Bard
- Torrents of Turmoil will now work on grouped pets/charmies.
- New bard songs available to rehearse will now display on level up.

Druid
- Healing Word is now a spirit-based healing spell (most healing spells are water-based).
- Wild shape has received some updates.
- Additional beasts are available for druid wild shape.
- In addition to beasts, druids can now wild shape into birds, fish, and reptiles.
- The message other players see when the druid reverts to his natural form is now accurate.
- The summoning of beasts by brandishing the druid staff has been updated.
- A bug involving the possible levels to summon certain beasts has been fixed.
- There is now a larger variety of beasts that can be summoned.
- Each beast has a minimum level to summon.
- The druid will receive a special message if he needs to be higher level to summon a particular beast.
- The beast's level will scale up to within 5 levels of the druid at the time of summoning up to its maximum level.
- The cooldown for summoning the same beast again in a short period of time has been restored.

Monk
- Fasting can now be toggled off.
- Beginning a new fast has a small mana cost.
- Sense motion now has a chance to detect movement when more people are in a room (previously no chance with crowded room).
- Sense motion now requires manual use like detect hidden and keen sight.

Necromancer
- Necromancers have a new spell to counteract the decay of mob corpses and body parts called 'preserve flesh'.

Necromancers have a new way to raise skeletons:
- Graveyards have been established in every hometown. Some are larger than others.
- Raise skeletons can be now be cast in a graveyard to raise multiple skeletons without the need to target a specific corpse.
- Skeletons raised in your hometown graveyard are stronger than those raised in other graveyards.
- Specific corpses can still be targeted like before.
- Raising multiple skeletons in a graveyard without a specific corpse has a longer cooldown than raising a single corpse.

Decorate corpse updates:
- Failing to animate a decorated corpse allows the necromancer to recover the gold used.
- Necromancers can decorate corpses more efficiently when the corpse is placed on special examination tables.
- Examination tables are available for use at the Seringale and Darkhaven guildmasters.
- An examination table can be purchased in Darkhaven to be deployed in a player's lair.
- Decorating a corpse on an examination table requires half the gold of decorating it elsewhere.

Warrior
- Overpowering berserk has increased potential for the save vs mental benefit.
- Overpowering berserk has increased potential for the healing benefit.
- Overpowering berserk has a longer duration.
- Overpowering berserk will no longer cause a harsher armor class penalty.

Cabals
All cabals
- Reputable players looking to auto-induct must now be at least a week old and have been logged in a sufficient amount of time.

Keepers
- The thresholds for the winds changing direction have been updated. May the wind blow stronger than ever.

Knights
- Squiring moved to rank Knight (this hadn't been updated when Squire became a rank 1 Knight cabal member).

Misc
- Level 10 characters are now permitted at the Arena Entrance (used to be level 11+).
- The check for valid groups has been hardened. This may eliminate unwanted group disbands.
- Updated the message when a mob departs a group. Before: bear grizzly has left the group. After: A grizzly bear has left the group.
- Bug reports will now automatically include the room number.
- The default scroll size has been increased from 22 lines to 30 lines.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

All these necro changes really seem to make them more viable in Cabals. Curious how it plays out. I might have to roll one up.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

wow the examination table is awesome

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

This is literally the least I have coded for an update since 2003 and my only update was a fix for a malicious hack.
wtf

Thank you so much Olyn and everybody else pushing this forward. This is what I have always dreamed of!

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Super excited about this update, going to have to roll up a couple of characters.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I love all the work that you all put into this update, but it wouldn't be AR without some needy player raising hell about a minor issue, now would it??? So here I go.

Summon now puts adrenaline on the target???? This COMPLETELY RUINS the thief/shaman or thief/healer or thief/necro or thief/dk combo of summon+blackjack on water to steal a boat. (though now that I'm ranting about this, I think I just remember that you can't summon people onto water anymore Sad in which case I'll rant about that change of five years ago!!!)

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I thought adrenaline penalties got fixed (i.e. reduced or removed) and that's how a thief is #1 on the pk list right now. Is that not what happened? We've been talking about adrenaline fixes for a long time

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I have no idea the actual state of pk these days, but I thought someone on the boards said that the thief doesn't really rely on blackjack and just owns people with weapon skills. So I'm assuming the thief is one of the handful of "elites" that's still active like Nadrin or Olyn who could own people regardless of class. I have not heard that adrenaline blackjack got fixed.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

When I fought Ijigoshk, ALL he did was blackjack, steal shit, then run away. He got me once because of dirt kick, not because of any weapon skills or anything like that. I didn't get disarmed the entire fight. I'm pretty certain he relies on thievery to get where he's at.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

We had a crash yesterday and someone noticed a lair room description made with a redecorating kit was lost in the crash. Due to the way the description editor works, it's not possible to save the lair automatically after the description is written in the editor.

To lessen the impact of this problem, I've reduced the cost of redecorating kits at Yarbok from 1000 to 100. You can redecorate your rooms as often as you want now.

To save your lair descriptions for sure, RECLAIM and DEPLOY a piece of furniture in your lair and this will forcibly save the lair.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

Stealth update: campfires built by the "fire" command can now be sat and rested "at", rather than "on". Resting by a campfire provides a small regen bonus.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Yarbok is selling kitchens

1 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Just woke up and reading this on my phone, thought you said Yarbok is selling kittens and I was like ‘awwww’. I need coffee.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I just finished up the remaining helpfiles on my list for this patch so bring it to our attention if something else needs updated/added.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

Cool stuff guys! Look forward to seeing it in action!

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Any thoughts on a Serin locksmith for when keys are list?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

yeah I think we need yarbok to sell a locksmith kit you can use to generate a new key

the door is always the lowest object vnum in the lair and the key is always the next vnum up, so we just need to hardcode some logic so you can generate the key by deploying the locksmith kit in the same room as a door to a lair you own

I should have time to do that before the end of september

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: