Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Is fully practicing skills/spells a waste of resource?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject: Is fully practicing skills/spells a waste of resource?

When I first started playing I wanted all my skills learned, given a few races do not have this issue, but some races get close to learned with two practices.

I believe half elf or human you practice a skill twice and are a little shy of learned, like 70%.

When I first started I would just use another practice, now I feel like 70% is close enough, but I am starting to lean to using less practices then hit the training dummy to eventually get learned.

I am assuming others hoard the practices to try and gain more life/mana from training.

Is this an unspoken secret or is there a best practice I am not understanding?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

I am a notorious min/max player. I will one practice most skills on a fire giant and than train them from 38% onward. I feel like this is an advantage I am earning myself but it probably isnt that fruitful but it helps with my confidence which can in turn influence a fight. I bet the amount of hp I am actually gaining by this is quite negligible

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

One practicing skills and spells is a huge advantage. Definitely because of the amount of extra trains you have for con or extra hp/mana/mv. It takes quite a bit longer for casters to benefit from this, and they are way more vulnerable, but IMO the reward is worth the risk because you can always run away until you feel like you are proficient enough in your spells.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Honestly, you can play whatever way you want. Whatever you choose isn't wrong.

I personally used to 1 prac all my characters quietly in the low levels and then rampage indiscriminately with them at level 50, the exact same way you would play a level 30 if you were throwing yourself carelessly at combat. I did that for a while, but realized I was winning to much to the point I was pissing everyone off. Eventually I just stopped training completely and started rolling people with my skills at whatever 1 prac was, I think 50%. This isnt a joke, btw. That is exactly how I played Maxlhorn and my dwarf warrior, Thremus. I had all the hp with none of the training.

Last edited by Davairus on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

it's like 1 hp per prac just wear a gambled neck guard with hp on it and hit someone with your huge stone club that you practiced to 75%

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

I trained everything to 75% on everybody - gnomes, firegiants, etc. Always had horrible levels for gains so it was just icing on the cake. Didn't have the time to grind training longer than necessary. Makes sense to 1 prac if you have the time, but if you don't have the time it's better to put in the extra practices and spend the time you have playing the game.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: