Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 13 hours, 49 mins.

Idea for meditate for monks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishMidnight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Idea for meditate for monks

As they are masters of their own body, was wondering if this idea could hold any potential without upsetting balance?

MEDITATE
syntax:
meditate
meditate health
meditate mana
meditate stamina

The idea being that they could focus their energy all on one to increase that regen while not regening in the other two. This wouldn't interrupt if already meditating, could type just meditate to go back to default.

Perhaps for counter balance, it would add a flag for two hours, and the cost to focus the meditate would pull from the other two. ie:
meditate mana
would cost 10% hp and 10% mv and those wouldn't regen for the following two hours while mana gets the boost.

Thoughts? Haven't played a monk to high level, so maybe this is altogether unnecessary (unless it adds more flavor)

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

That's a neat idea. I do like the idea of a negative to balance the boost to your primary attribute (i.e. if you choose to boost healing, it regains mana slower).

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

The only problem I forsee is Monks can already heal themselves, so start that light and meditation mana and their recovery would be even quicker.

Having tried a monk this year, I think they need no help. Only require hands for weapons so many defenses (parry and off hand parry barehanded) and their strikes physical and magical. They do have some limits, but if you are paying attention to those, you are an unstoppable force.

Monk should probably cost more than paladin at this point, because this class can easily climb through the titles, but sounds like Paladins may have some upcoming upgrades.

I like the idea, because you could do a lot with a Monk, but I think in game they already have a lot going for them.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I might be wrong here, but don't monks heal hp and moves through sleep like everyone else? Mediation is for mana?

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Yes Olyn.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

from my experience with monks (1 to 2 years ago) I don't remember ever sleeping. I used meditate and serenity coupled with monk heals and when ever I compared I just regenerated way more without sleeping. So I stopped sleeping. meditate for mana and just heal or serenity

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

personally I would rather keep the existing gameplay tayyah described where players need to do the math and consider whether or not it's more effective in their current situation to meditate for mana to heal or to sleep a tick

0 0 0
IrishMidnight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

No arguments from me, I appreciate the responses to a passing thought and I have zero experience with the hero dynamics

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: