Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

[2019 Q4] Weight changes and weight multipliers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject: [2019 Q4] Weight changes and weight multipliers

So with the changes to make weights more realistic, are the multipliers that are tied to weight getting adjusted as well? I'm thinking holy/unholy armor here.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

Yes. These will likely be adjusted. The intent of the audit isn't to alter the holy/unholy armor paradigm in any way. I've sequenced the changes so that the slots most affected will be done last and the holy/unholy math will change then. I recorded values on several common heavy sets to use as baseline (red dragon, platinum, etc.) for adjustments when the audit is complete.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm planning to finish the item weight audit for the Q4 2019 Patch. This is when the more "primary" weapons sword/axe/mace will be done. I saved them until last because these weapon weights will alter the dual wield economy more than the slots I've already completed, and accompanying code changes to dual wield weights will be done at the same time. Early testing indicates that these changes will open up more primary/dual wield combos than it eliminates.

Similarly, the more 'core' armor slots will also be done last so that code updates to holy armor and unholy armor go into effect at the appropriate time to minimize disruption related to those class features. I've recorded baseline data for common paladin/dark-knight armors to ensure the armor class benefits from those skills remain in-line with where they were before the audit.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: