Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Custom weapon type selection for shadows or other matial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Custom weapon type selection for shadows or other matial

Who wants a Shadow with a bow?

This idea was for the shadow class but could apply for other classes more weapon focused.

How about the option to choose weapon skills at creation, like default weapons or customization, code like 'wswap flail bow', to lose flail skill and gain bow skill before you are fully created.

You would not be able to swap dagger or other weapons tied to skills, like I think spear is needed for clobber, that's the idea I am going for anyways.

Please note I have not played a shadow recently, so I need input on this idea.

Also let me know if this would take too much coding, for I never fully know what it takes.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

I could be wrong in this assumption, but it is my understanding that the weapon types of each class are very specific and play off of vulns and strengths in a harmonious sequence of give and take. giving or taking weapons could inadvertently make a class op or useless.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

I think that class has an extremely strong melee, perhaps second only to a fully buffed dark-knight, and giving bow would take away some of the limelight since it is technically a ranged weapon. They are melee killing machines.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: