Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 23 hours, 44 mins.

VOTE, you FOOLS!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject:

Deciphering unreadable psychedelic inscriptions in small boxes is starting to grow on me. Every new one is a new challenge. I managed to conquer a psychedelic "88DMtAsb" hiding underneath a tartan soup. Rargh!

Sounds like Torkalen's department, I'm happy to have seen the back of working on the webpage for a while.

0 0 0
Xythiessi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I think what Dav is trying to say is , Bout time some of us posted a review on TMS, Let the world know how much you love your MUD!! you know That would make a great T-shirt. I LOVE MY MUD!

0 0 0
Zireph

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject:

Uhh, and vote.

What I realy wish is that the two places would tell you when your vote is unaccepted because it hasnt been 12 hours. I vote like 5 times a day just to make sure it goes through because I have no idea when the first one was. Anyway we could send in such a complaint? Is there a place to file that?

And I think davo is right. A challenge, and sort of fun. In a boring bland stupid sort of way.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Zireph wrote:
Uhh, and vote.

What I realy wish is that the two places would tell you when your vote is unaccepted because it hasnt been 12 hours. I vote like 5 times a day just to make sure it goes through because I have no idea when the first one was. Anyway we could send in such a complaint? Is there a place to file that?

Maybe I can write a cookie to display when you last voted beside the vote bottons. No promises though.

All that psychedelic boxs crap is to defeat any computer vision techniques that could be used to automatically read in the code. Seems like overall to me.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Andur wrote:
Davairus...

There are ways around the 'clicking on telnet' and whatnot. Contact me if you would like to know how

Any little tricks or workarounds we tried in the past has always come to bite us in our collectively large backsides. Besides we seem to be slowly but surely creeping up their rankings.

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Any little tricks or workarounds we tried in the past has always come to bite us in our collectively large backsides. Besides we seem to be slowly but surely creeping up their rankings.

I see some PHP. Perhaps backened with a MySQL database, or somesuch.

I'm sure Davairus is a C programmer, at the very least.

My question is, how many OOP people do we have out here? Some Java? Some C++, mebbe?

I'd be curious to see your 'workarounds' that have 'bitten you in the arse'. I'm not even 'pretty sure' there are workarounds. I've explored them. It's a fact.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject:

well. one instance included a one-button vote link that'd vote at all three sites. They didn't like that and umm.. removed some of our votes, I guess.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject:

Code:
38. Abandoned Realms    2.1828    31    24    148

That 31, 24, 148 is showing that you guys didnt vote right. If the votes were completed, we'd be 14th/15th place.

I had a look at the TMC top 10 and it looks like we only need about 200 votes in each field over the past 30 days. 200/30 = about 7 unique votes a day. So I'm sure we can get into it. Just make sure you complete your vote so that it fully counts.

-> hit button, submit the code
-> hit 'connect to mud', submit vote code
-> hit 'visit homepage', submit vote code

First place is like 1000 votes, that'll be 34 unique votes a day. Our playerbase is big enough to do that, so we should get our shit together and do it. Spread the word - its not hard to vote people. And it'll pay off for all of us.

TMC is one vote a day. Now, vote. Dammit.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Voting just reset on Top Mud Sites (the top link)...

GO VOTE!!!! We had over 300 votes on the last segment, let's see if we can beat it!!

VOTE.

(P.S. - Dav, Burz, Res, Tork, somebody... can we sticky this thread, please???)

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject:

<metaquote>

The administration does not promote voting for abandoned realms. Sticking this post would be a non-verbal acknowledgement of the benefits of voting and therefore cannot be allowed. It is up to the players to *bump shamelessly* this thread, over, and over, and over. Thank you and have a very pleasant day.

</metaquota>
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

think reverse psychology works?

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject:

Blesphem! Heresy! I think reverse physcology is retarded. Nope. It doesn't work.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject:

Added a new link to vote at. The muds main source of players though, has and always will be, word of mouth.. so tell your friends about it at school, down the pub, whatever, just get the word out. And hopefully you're not a sad git who everybody ignores.

0 0 0
Zireph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject:

Awwww. Dav just called Sebryn a git. How sad.

VOTE VOTE VOTE.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject:

The Kyndig link to vote doesn't work:
Code:
Not Found

The requested URL /rate.php was not found on this server.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Server at www.kyndig.com Port 80

Edit: In the skin that I'm using, I have different links than the other skins. Can we change that? Right now I have TMS, Kyndig, and MPOG top 200. Maybe that will get us a little more votes for the people are vting on the wrong ones. I use subBlack.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject:

I wrote a little script that tells you the last time you clicked a voting link: You click link, cookie containing current time is stored on your puter, voting page is opened as normal. Next time you refresh or view the forum window, the time since you voted will be displayed just above the voting link. Let me know if there is any problems.

Note: I am persuming that clicking on the voting link = you will vote. The scripts doesnt tell you when you can vote again or warn if it is too soon to vote. I dont want to complicate it any more that neccessary.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject:

Cookie storing looks awesome but wouldnt it be better to show when they can vote again? i.e. "Vote again in 11 hrs 53 mins" instead of "voted 7 mins ago". Its a lot more useful that way in my opinion.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

Doesn't work. I don't know why.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject:

You have javascript enabled?
Cookies enables?
Refresh your browser after voting?
what browser and version are you using?

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject:

theobserver wrote:
You have javascript enabled? Yes.
Cookies enables? Yes.
Refresh your browser after voting? Yes.
what browser and version are you using? Mac IE (sadly - forum doesn't work with Safari), 5.2

I'm pretty sure that what forum skin I'm using affects it, too - different vote links for my skin than the skin when I'm not logged in.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
I'm pretty sure that what forum skin I'm using affects it, too - different vote links for my skin than the skin when I'm not logged in.

Ahh, the voting links and script is only on the default sub-silver skin right now. I'll add it to the to-do list.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42

Jump to: