Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 

Next Event   Voting Links 
  • The Deep Sea Surge in 13 hours, 4 minutes, 59 seconds

Cabals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Cabals

Im not sure(havent read the helpfile for awhile) is there any reason why Justice is an evil onle(if its not) why goods are not allowed? Is there any reason why Heralds is a neutral only? Doesnt make since that these cabals would not allow all alignments

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Justices don't accept goods mainly for the fact that it's difficult to rationalize a good killing another good, just for breaking the law... i.e. - a Knight gets wanted, then a good-aligned Justice has to find and kill him (which ends in damnation, etc.). You could say "well why don't you just let the good Justices only hunt neutral/evil criminals?" To that I'd reply that it would defeat the whole purpose of the Justice system.

As for the Heralds, I'm sure Tork has his reasons... they used to let anybody in. If I had to guess, I'd say they're neutral-only to promote the image of "unbiased" reporting in their stories (i.e. not slanted toward Knights or Legion or whatever, etc.), as well as keeping their members (supposedly the most non-aggressive group in the game) as safe as possible by keeping them out of the focus of extreme-aligned characters for purposes of PK (you have an elf in Heralds, evils will be more prone to attack... you have a drow in Heralds, goods will be more prone to attack <unless it's Sebryn and your RP is all fuxored like that>, etc.).

If you want a good-aligned law enforcer-type, go Nobles. That's what they're designed for.

If you want a Herald, just stick with a neutral. It'll be far easier, and you really shouldn't have any ulterior motives while reporting the goings-on in Thera anyway.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Sebryn wrote:
As for the Heralds, I'm sure Tork has his reasons... they used to let anybody in. If I had to guess, I'd say they're neutral-only to promote the image of "unbiased" reporting in their stories (i.e. not slanted toward Knights or Legion or whatever, etc.), as well as keeping their members (supposedly the most non-aggressive group in the game) as safe as possible by keeping them out of the focus of extreme-aligned characters for purposes of PK (you have an elf in Heralds, evils will be more prone to attack... you have a drow in Heralds, goods will be more prone to attack <unless it's Sebryn and your RP is all fuxored like that>, etc.).

All of the above plus stopping hoarding healers, paladins etc

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: