Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Who introduced you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject:

Scoundrel wrote:
Is it just me, or does Xaza and FF's comments about each other get you horny? I wonder if that works both ways....

Trance-monkey baby, I had the steamiest dream about you last night! We were both so hard, and.... and uhh.... I see. So this is why guys don't talk about each other like that. Interesting. Shocked

Confused ... you've obviously never been to the chatroom..... Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Vandrez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Since the first age

Shit I been here since the first age, Was a friend that told me about mudding, So I was like what the fuck is that. He said its cool you might like it shit been here forever now And still can't get enough, need new class's I think muhahhaha, AR rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Talisman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject:

Many years ago AOL advertised an exciting online rpg on their login page and I decided to give it a try. I kept waiting for it to load until I realized that the text with the blinking cursor was the game. I was pretty bored so I played around with it until I figured out the basics. Right when I was really starting to enjoy it the beta ended and they wanted me to pay for it.
I searched around for text based games until I found the mudconnector. AR seemed to have everything I was looking for based on its description so I gave it a try. This was back in the first age. I bumbled around exploring stock diku areas and having a great time, but I quit playing before I had a character past level 10. Years later I decided to pick it up again for some reason and got a friend to play too. We had acouple characters in the mid 30s as I recall before I took another break. I've been sort of playing off and on with year long breaks ever since. I've tried a few other muds since I first started, but none of them managed to hold my attention the way AR does.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject:

One of my friends who played AR back in the First Age told me to try it, and I've never been able to play non-rp required MUDs since.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject:

was born here I think. Someone from FL told me about it ,, been here ever since ,, three years or so now Im thinking

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject:

Viggs wrote:
was born here I think. Someone from FL told me about it ,, been here ever since ,, three years or so now Im thinking

yeah. where've you been? haven't seen you in a long time.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject:

Grayden wrote:
mudconnector, I tried a bunch of muds foun most of them the same, alot of people were helping new people in ar and i liked the name. I also chose it for all the extra areas not in other muds like the pyramid, canopy, the crypt area with the black flaming longsword, and basicly all the other areas i keep trying to go to that seem to have disappeared. oh also brem woods. I think there is more areas I cant remember off the top of my head.

Disgruntled Graden Grim

Wow I must have been really pissed off that day. Atleast ronus is feeling my pain by adding his ship, but can we get a short cut to darkhaven? Sharks make me nervous.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
Viggs wrote:

yeah. where've you been? haven't seen you in a long time.

Never left. I play everyday still. Just been quiet on the Forum.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Grayden wrote:
Grayden wrote:
mudconnector, I tried a bunch of muds foun most of them the same, alot of people were helping new people in ar and i liked the name. I also chose it for all the extra areas not in other muds like the pyramid, canopy, the crypt area with the black flaming longsword, and basicly all the other areas i keep trying to go to that seem to have disappeared. oh also brem woods. I think there is more areas I cant remember off the top of my head.

Disgruntled Graden Grim

Wow I must have been really pissed off that day. Atleast ronus is feeling my pain by adding his ship, but can we get a short cut to darkhaven? Sharks make me nervous.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody fields of Flesh

All those areas you mentioned WERE in other muds. They're stock. The ship was added by Ronus yes but that is also because it is a part of the proceeding master plan. One part. AREAS is a useful command to check what exists and what doesn't. MINIMAP is wonderful.

I'm always looking for ways to make it easier to explore / navigate, BTW.

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

BU all the way

0 0 0
Dminted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Me and a friend found this mud YEARS ago, it became my life and I introduced many others. I ruined two marriages by bringing people in here. But been here, then gone, then back, then gone, then back, then gone, now currently back. Still have a goal to get a char to 50 but hasn't happened in over 7 years so...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

0 0 0
Poo Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Around 00-01 I was spending the night with my buddy and he started playing one of his char's. Next thing I know the store I work ats manager starts talking about it. Turns out the manager was Nevhaal. I had like 5-10 people who lived within 5 minutes walking distance from my who played and I didn't know it. been playing ever since. Past year or so I've taken a break. Still pop on every once and a while.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I remember the very first char i had. i tried naming him Wraithmaster, i think he was a drow ninja, then after that i came up with another drow, this time thief, named Draor something. there is something about drow and elves that are appealing to me in this game, i dont know, i guess i like thieves and ninjas the best because they can sneak around unnoticed be all like.......BAM!!!gotcha bitch and you didnt even know it until you got knocked the fuck out! so yeah, i like being extra sneaky, BTW i was looking for an internet version of d&d, or internet rpgs, and i found AR when i was in like eigth grade, now i am a junior in the high school. Four or five yeas, and i still havent made a level fifty yet.....weird dont know why.

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

a old char named krinzack or kirnzach back in the days before the fell and abysals and i have been addicted ever since. some of my old char's were Reken and dockon

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

A friend...He had a couple legions (like five) and was Zrakalon...He's off at college now, don't think he plays anymore...But he introduced me, and made a new character when I started playing. He told me to be an elf paladin Rolling Eyes and made an evil thief. Whenever I was ranking he would blackjack me and take all my stuff, then I would go over and poke him, and he would just smirk at me. Laughing

0 0 0
Trog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I was introduced by a friend.. back in the first age. So that was just before grade nine.. graded in 2002.. *ponders* Its now 2006... So I guess that was the summer of 98? 8 years, wow. You think I would know how to pk top notch by now. Had a few 50's nothing special.. Learned in the good Ol' Brandon University! GO BRANDON!

0 0 0
deauja

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: a friend

a friend i met at the library playing a mud, i played muds too, thought hey, maybe i should give this one a chance... cant stop playing it now. Mad

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Hah...Deauja join the club. A friend from the east coast (rabidgecko was our shared account, thats his post above) got me so addicted...I can't stop playing. It's pretty annoying... Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Dminted wrote:
Me and a friend found this mud YEARS ago, it became my life and I introduced many others. I ruined two marriages by bringing people in here. But been here, then gone, then back, then gone, then back, then gone, now currently back. Still have a goal to get a char to 50 but hasn't happened in over 7 years so...........

Damn you.

Yeah, uh, Dminted and his buddy got me hooked. Fuckers.

At least six years.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

i just realized reken stole one of my chars names,
i had a fire giant zerker around last year, his name was REKEN KRONO.....name stealing bastard!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: