Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Carve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Carve

Carve is an excellent addition to rangers in my opinion.

Job well done. But as rangers are the main users of javelins as well... maybe there should be a skill to make javelins, cause they cost a crapload... It would make perfect sense... Anyone agreeing?

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree. As rangers are outside guys and all, I'd understand their need to be self-sufficient.

I think they should just add to the carve skill with option to make javelins. They can't be the highest strength javelins (unless you make that a racial legacy for halflings or something, but anyway) and just say the best javelins in town are just more refined, or make javelins available to be found in the wild.

It really doesn't make sense for rangers to be dependent on anything that's in the cities which is further enforced by your pets eventually ditching you if you stay in town too long, heh.

edit: You can make the jav's rot eventually too like the other stuff. And btw when you carve arrows and the time passes to carve again and then carve again, both sets rot at the same time. Bug?

edit II: Seems the rot at the same time happens only after they've been combines, understandable.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject:

No more practices Sad. I'd gladly trade retreat for carve any day.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Hey Gygh, if you pray that you want more practices in this situation at fifty. They imms should, or at least have in the past, give you some practices in exchange for some hp.
Happened to Rilea.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject:

What do ya mean? Retreat is sweet. It's just hard for a non-scriptin ranger to use effectively as I'm experiencing. But retreat has potential for sweetness. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject:

Hmm, I didn't know that.. Maybe they'll let me get rid of a proficiancy in a skill or two for some practices... I've found aerial shot and called shot completely useless (for the way I fight atleast).

I think carve is a nice addition (although I havn't tried it out for myself). Just a question, has it been made so you can't make arrows from something you create (ie. ranger bow)?

0 0 0
Amdorin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject:

You should try that out yourself. But called shot is best for ranking, ..but can be used in other situations. I wouldn't give up on aerial shot either. If they are completely useless to you, you may not be fighting that well.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: