Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Valour's Most Wanted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Valour's Most Wanted

A new "roll sheet" in Valour's station of the royal guard details who the most dangerous threats to Valour are. The Knights of Valour shall make it a high priority to seek and destroy these targets.

Code:

look sheet
Valour's Most Wanted
====================

There are no serious outstanding anathema.

Basically, if you die, you drop off the roll completely. If you survive, and keep making kills on Valour citizens, you'll go further up the ranks. The Knights job is to stop your climb to infamy. It'll take a few successive kills to get onto this rap sheet.

Some notes:
1) If you're on it with a neutral, you're obviously saying "Outcast me", I will be VERY suspicious if I see anyone but evils on this list, since Warlord arena kills are exempted.
2) This is SEPARATE to the anathema thing, you can be on the list without being an actual anathema, to do that you'd have to kill Knights exclusively though, or be in a cabal.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Bob the Knight tells you 'I'll give you a cookie if you help me catch this guy.'

Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject:

Exactly how do you get put here, and who does the putting?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject:

Read the entire post Jamus...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject:

Its automated - everything.

0 0 0
vncmetal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject:

tubular.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Good attacks you(neutral) for helping an evil. You defend yourself and noob good dies. You're now flagged Anathema, knights will go for you non-stop then, each knight comes along to kill you, you kill them off to save yourself. You move up the ranking. Outcast?

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

could also be good attacks evil groupmate, you defend group, good dies.

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Heh, wouldn't a Knight be justified in asking, "Why are you helping an evil in the first place?" or "Why why are you defending (as a group member) an evil?" Whatever answer you give, the Knight's not going to like it. I guess that's the problem with being neutral, you got two sides of fanatics trying to pull you into their petty war.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

It takes multiple kills to get onto the ranking in the first place, so yeah, youre obviously killing goods a lot.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

well then goods shouldnt go after neutrals flagged anathema Razz

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I think you mean, neutrals shouldnt help evils. Goods have every right to go after neutrals that sport anathema flags. You can't get one without first attacking/killing a good in some way. And if neutrals kill a lot of goodies, they can go evil, instead of having their proverbial cake and eating it.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

What's all these philosophical hoo-la boo? If you kill goodies, more goodies.... and even more goodies, you're going to get on the list no matter what reasons there were..

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

thats my point, if for some GOOD reason you attack a knight, or some lame reason a knight attacks you, and you happen to kill said knight, you're anathemad. More knights come after you because of that, so you get to kill them too. Then you're on the list. no need for being evil just to survive a run in with bloodthirsty anathema flag following knights.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

Have you EVER attempted to explain anything from your poi9nt of view to a religious zealot who opposes it? Let me clue you in, in case you haven't: It dosen't work. It dosen't matter your reasoning, Dosen't matter what you say. You fucked up, you stepped outside the line, bam! With Knights, that extends to this: you attack one for a 'good' reason. He's not going to see that as a good reason, no matter what you think. Especially if you kill him (i'm talkign zealotous Knights and average members of the Cabal here, btw). It's a blasphemy becuase he upholds and represents the will of his Gods. So, when his comrades find out about it, they will of course want to avenge their fallen brother or sister and redeem the name of Knights as well as their Gods. Make sense? Their is no 'good' reason for killing a Knight, and if they attack you, most generally you will be evil or have repeatedly helped and evil/screwed over a good-aligned or Knight. So in all honesty it comes down to this... There are CLEAR CUT RULES WHAT GETS YOU MARKED AN ANATHEMA, DON'T DO IT! It dosen't matter if you have a 'good' reason, you know the actions that will provoke the flag ahead of time. If you don't want to risk that scenario, don't do them. If you get anathema, it's just like wnated or contracted or deathmarked. you fucked up and broke a stricture of a Cabal that everyone knows is there, and it is assumed you knowingly did this, so you suffer consequences.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject:

LOL quiet, way to misinterpret completely, both the subject matter of my last post, and the general discourse of this thread. I give you 4 stars Wink Wink Wink Wink

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject:

actually, QW has it right on the money. If you kill a Knight, there is no justification that is acceptable. You've killed a Lightwalker - an obviously evil deed. They don't really care what excuse you have... you've done something foul and deserve to be punsihed. Of course, they know accidents happen which is why the board is for multiple/streak kills.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject:

Great mage.

I give you five stars for being an ignorant dick. Wink Wink Wink

*I cant count anyway.*

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject:

QW does have it right. Of course, from a gameplay perspective it can be lame. Also, the Knight should give the neutral fair warning that he's going to attack the evil (if they're in a group). If the neutral refuses, might as well be a declaration of war on the neutral's part.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

'{player} needs no warning. {player} knew what filth he was when he decided to travel with him.'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: