Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

semi-minor update to look command

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: semi-minor update to look command

Not really relevant for a change note, but too important to leave in a small updates thread. Here's the deal.

First, the exits command. Usually to see the descs for room exits, you have to 'look north'. I've noticed that's a big hassle just for a crummy desc, and causes them not to get read very often. Plus they're always one line long anyway which isnt really worth it. So to make this easier on you, and more rewarding to our builders, I've made these descs show up whenever you use the "exits" command instead.

Now, that said, obviously in doing so I will have gone and made the "look west/north/east/etc" functionality redundant right? Not so. From now on, if you do that, you will lsimplu look into the next room. Its better than scan, but its limited to a much shorter range. So when you're exploring, reading the descs and good use of the look command is going to be your friend.

Finally, regarding the above statement. This means we'll consider it your own fault if you fall into a no-exit from now on, rather than the annoying, "Oh I've never been here before, woe me" thing it used to be. In other words, "look before you leap!". We definitely won't be removing our no-exit rooms, in light of this command. And as a matter of fact, we might (especially if Resatimm gets to build another area) even just go the full monty and add some instakill rooms in certain high level treasure/explore areas. Walk in, slain. That severe.

i'd like to hear if there are any obvious problems asap so I can get in reasonable fixes. This is because I have some plans that involve these newly refurbished exploration commands.

Incase you havent guessed, I'm starting to work on east "evil" thera.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: