Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 13 hours, 4 mins.

Changes list for June 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Changes list for June 2010

This is the first big update for AR in a while and can be thought of as mostly a maintenance patch, packaging in a lot of odds-and-ends that were left on the cutting room floor due to time constraints, and some tweaks that were necessary to uphold the balance of the game. A few new concepts are also being included to shake up the gameplay a little bit, most notably the weight overburdening concept. We have worked patiently and thoughtfully to bring you these changes and we hope that you will enjoy them.

Cabals and Coteries

General

I. Coterie
* Coteries now share vision of each others affiliations, and are all granted global access to the gossip channel.
* Coterie characters are automatically uninducted from coteries if they raid cabals.
* Coteries are forced to remain Keeper complaint
* A new coterie added: "strife" - an organization dedicated to a lifestyle of combat. The strife coterie has the unique property of having a "duel record" among other noteables
* A retire command has been added to allow caballed players to enter the "strife" coterie without penalty. This is not reversible.
* Heralds have recieved a new "event" note type. This replaces the story list, and will be used to notify the playerbase of upcoming events via the motd. Old stories have been archived and will eventually resurface on the website. Please check the motd regularly to see if you are invited to events.

II. Cabal
* Cabal bank "withdraw" command has been recoded, to allow withdrawals throughout the day up to the limit, instead of 1 withdrawal.
-Note that the allowed share is a percentage of the pot, so it is normal for this limit to drop slightly as withdrawals are made.
* Cabal preps now come from cabal bank funds, with the usual daily withdraw limit applied.
* Each cabal now has a guard on their inner sanctums, similar to the top stairs of the palace. This is an extra layer of protection that must be burned through to begin an attack on the cabal item holder, and blocks all unwelcome visitors with adrenaline (i.e. everyone).
* Cabal altar guards (i.e. the final guard) have been rebalanced to match them against Winter-sized raid groups.
* Cabal altar mobs now return to full health after approx 5. mins of first strike.
-The idea of this "second wind" is to enforce a timer on killing the mobs, so that heavy damage is required, rather than things being worn down by clerics, and also so that harassment by a defending cabal member can effectively thwart efforts to take the item, rather than delay the inevitable.
-This function operates via the "always update" mob flag which means it will be seen on other mobs. Some behaviours may be happily desirable and others not intended, so watch for them.
* Confinement is now restricted to the inner sanctum only.
* A return command has been added to allow the highest ranking cabal member to return back all captive cabal items. This command will remove the cabal guardian and held items to facilitate natural repop.

Knight

Legion

* power system reworked to give bonuses instead of starting from penalty
* contracts are no longer removed via killing Legions

Justice

Keeper

* Keepers now receive gold for sacrificing rares that are looted from player corpses.

Races

* Dwarf max strength attribute has been reduced to 21.
* half-elf warrior "lucky strike" damage slightly nerfed

Classes

Warriors

* Warcry now buffs charge damage, if the charge is performed within the next 2 ticks.
* Saves attribute of warrior warcry replaced with save afflictive.
* Added a new "autogrip" so warriors can decide whether to do this manually or allow the game to handle it. (this has actually been present a while, and just giving you a reminder because of the shield change)
* Hobble penalty on dodge chance has been reduced from complete annihilation to reducing the chance to dodge by 50%, however, hobbles will now also be stackable multiplicatively (i.e. two hobbles reduces your dodge chance by 50% then that figure by another 50% for a total of -75% chance to dodge). Note that the flee collapsing is left unchanged.
* sideswipe damage has a 15% reduction

Berserkers

* shares hobble and sideswipe change with warrior
* wild smash is now two handed only, and also damages the berserker for the same amount, so be very careful using it while raged (it will generate a ton of AOE damage if you're too careless).

Rangers

* pets no longer auto-assist for a blinded master (note that this applies to all instances of pets, zombies, falcons, mercs, special guard, etc)
* added offhand alacrity for rangers (allows swift shield block switch and performs the quick wield function, and importantly allows rangers to use their dual wielded weapon without suffering the hitroll penalty applied on dual wield)

Paladins

* strike of atonement now reduces mv upon application to limit levelling spam. This also applies to the dark-knight counterpart.
* shield slam added to compensate for style predictability against paladins and newfound cumbersomeness. this ability requires the paladin to be in errantry.

Areas

(handled by Olyn)

* magician in grimforge now patrols the ring on a loop
* circus area has been moved
* new path through mists into drkyshre wood
* a new area is to be introduced tonight or tomorrow

Items

* rares that equip into the "floating" slot are no longer available to imbue
* monster pots now cause pk adrenaline upon fizzling, to prevent cheeses on rare mobs with purples and regen potions
* Scrolls now cost some mana to recite. The amount required to read depends upon the scroll's spells. These values are fixed, regardless of cast levels, retrieved from a unique storage area. This is to address cleric healing. Impact on other classes is expected to be small.
* The level restriction on wearing uniques has been removed.
* flight potion costs increased by 40% and the spell level of the liberty fly potion has been reduced to reflect its item cost relative to the darkhaven version
* new "weight overburdening" concept

Miscellaneous

* shields are once again cumbersome to equip and remove, as was the case before the combat module A changes made them easier to swap out. This doesn't apply to rangers as mentioned.
* pets no longer auto-assist for a blinded master (note that this applies to all instances of pets, zombies, falcons, mercs, special guard, etc)
* fixed some pet rescue lag bugs and "o all rescue" removed (must choose which follower to order)
* ghosts may now move for free
* ghost no longer able to cast protective spells on other players
* report command now takes a 2nd argument when used on players, so that a reason can be submitted. This will be much easier for Imms to deal with when they see that player in the realms.

Bug fixes

-material vuln/arrows bug

Racial Legacies

Duergar Berserker
-unending greed
-malice of the underdark

New/updated helpfiles

(this is a shared load, among all imms, and the final hurdle and we're all very tired so be patient and wait for them to arrive)

Victory Rush
Wild Smash
Shield Slam
Offhand Alacrity
Event
Unending Greed
Malice of the Underdark
Overburdening
Strife
Retire
Return
Cabal Warfare
Coterie

Please only respond on this thread to report bug reports. There is a changes feedback thread for this set of changes, located at http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55850#55850 . Some of these notes are a little ahead of schedule and will be caught up with over the rest of the month. Also, please note that the reinstatement of monks being missing from the list of changes is not an error.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject:

I was actually just about to make a post about dropping the str on dwarfs. I heart you all.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject:

Some looks like others not so much but meh atleast something is freakin new.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject:

damn typos some of it looks good, others not so much.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject:

I doubt you even read the whole thing, because if you did, you would see that I specifically asked to post FEEDBACK in a different thread, while using this space for bug reports. Also, you sound miserable, and I suspect you would be sounding off about something no matter what we did.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject:

I did read the whole thing Dav or else I wouldnt of posted anything. My views are my own and some things on that big list looks really good and needed but other things I dislike for the simple reason I havent tested it or seen it first hand.

If you want to start a pissing contest Dav go right ahead but I got better things to do.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject:

You are posting this in the wrong place.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject:

FenixMajere wrote:
If you want to start a pissing contest Dav go right ahead but I got better things to do.

Sorry for the aside and delete as necessary, but I just wanted to point out how funny it is that you're implying Davairus is trying to start something when you are the one who obviously fails to read and comprehend the initial post. I'm going to assume that you've read the whole post, but are just too stupid to comprehend it.

Original Post wrote:
Please only respond on this thread to report bug reports. There is a changes feedback thread for this set of changes, located at http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55850#55850 .

Way to go, stupid!

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject:

and clifon to the rescue of the pissing contest woot good job clifton your in first. Wow you must be proud.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject:

Replying here due to potential bug, as instructed.

Quote:
Coteries now share vision of each others affiliations, and are all granted global access to the gossip channel

I logged in as a coterie character, saw another coterie character online (different coterie), but did not see <coterie_name> next to the character's name. I don't want to give specifics on the coterie names involved on the forums...imms you know how to find me if you need specifics.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject:

FenixMajere wrote:
and clifon to the rescue of the pissing contest woot good job clifton your in first. Wow you must be proud.

You "claim" to have read the thread, "claim" to have read it properly, and yet you immediately trundle in carelessly saying how you like some parts don't like others. Nothing is specific, making your post nothing better than pointless and vaguely whiny. Did you think if you left out any actual useful, direct feedback, that wouldn't be violating the simple request to put it elsewhere? After all that work we do, it is too much to ask of you to click a link to type something meaningful? You just had to immediately fudge your reply key with your fat boy sausage finger, hurr durring, to spew out those noisy empty farts you consider thoughts. You couldn't help that. And you have no place making any criticism of the people who have responded to you. Now apologise, or you will be kicked off for being pointlessly annoying.

0 0 0
reiwan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The level restriction on wearing uniques has been removed.

I just tried to equip a level 40 unique on a level 36 character and it denied me, saying "This equipment has been restricted - you must be level 40 to wear it."

0 0 0
reiwan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject:

reiwan wrote:
Quote:

I just tried to equip a level 40 unique on a level 36 character and it denied me, saying "This equipment has been restricted - you must be level 40 to wear it."

If you need any specific info pm me and I'll give details.

0 0 0
reiwan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject:

reiwan wrote:
reiwan wrote:
Quote:

If you need any specific info pm me and I'll give details.

tripple post ppapapapoweerrrrrr.

just came to say this has been fixed. yay!

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
Replying here due to potential bug, as instructed.

Quote:
Coteries now share vision of each others affiliations, and are all granted global access to the gossip channel

I logged in as a coterie character, saw another coterie character online (different coterie), but did not see <coterie_name> next to the character's name. I don't want to give specifics on the coterie names involved on the forums...imms you know how to find me if you need specifics.

This is fixed. Thanks.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: