Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 11 hours, 4 mins.

The End of Warlords.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

Nevermind... All answered up now... Just ignore me...

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

When you leave a cabal.. you lose all cabal skills.. but the only plus side is: those ex warlords will not lose their natural skills Surprised, though nomagic hurts.. kinda badly Wink

Keepers sound interesting, but I thought Seeker would sound more aggressive than Keeper... because 'keep' sounds more passive, eg "I'm going to keep this in a safe place so no one can steal it", compared with 'seek', for example "I'm going to seek out all possible thieves so that this won't be stolen" kinda..

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Goddamn marsd and his lacking grasp of English. Seekers is like Inquisitors, is like stuff, and is like alignment leaning. The cabal theme is keeping stuff in check. Seekers would be like, people who want to quash people with blasphemous ideas and stuff. But yes, Keepers is a bunk name.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Well not exactly, since they aggressively keep the balance in check, a gimpy passive name doesn't sound quite cut for what they have to do. I was gonna suggest Advocates, but then apparently everyone from chat didn't like it.. but hah, I guess it's out here for all to see now.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Seekers/Inquisitors never actively kept a balance. They burnt heretics and witches. They kept the powerful in power and kept people with new ideas in cages and then tied them to a stake, surrounded it with wood, doused them with oil and burnt them. Your history also sucks.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Well following history has never done anyone good, unless it was a good turn in history that shaped the world.. In many fantasy worlds however, the true neutrality was chaos, rather than order. Keepers, by actively seeking out those who try and topple the Balance rather than sit and twiddle until the Balance has already been toppled, is supposedly creating chaos, rather than making peace.

Maybe this is the wrong interpretation, but I guess it's still open for discussion until everything's final.. (which might already have been so I've wasted 20min looking at phatty weird)

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

you can perceive chaos any way you like. Look at nature. from a human viewpoint its full of chaos. animals killing eachother for food and territory, high infant deathrate (which is why smaller animals have as many as 8 young), prey and predators starve to death when they lack their food, because no food source is 100% reliable naturally.

but that is nature's order of things. it can be fully relied upon to act like this. Look what human intervention brings. Extinction of species of animals, dying out both prey and predators, destroying the ecosystem that was once there, animals unnaturally penned in large groups in small areas until there taken away to be killed for food for the out of control human population.

We know it as our order of things, yet its still chaos from a naturalistic viewpoint.

devils advocate, here. Suppose all crime, all disease, accidents ceased to occur, and especially war was gotten rid of, and everyone living in the world today survived. look at all the human deaths on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis. And yet human population is still growing in leaps and bounds, despite all the above listed supposed setbacks. What would happen to our population then? massive population explosion resulting in sudden drops of availability of food, suffering, anger, resentment( soilent green anyone? ) what happens to the animal when its foodsource is gone? besides cannibalism, what happens when all other foodsources do become extinct from this severe crisis? in an otherwise seemingly perfect world, if you can imagine that we have no spontaneously generatable foodsources, there is a lot of chaos as a result of lack of balance.

on the other hand, what if everyone started killing eachother without population replacement, too many lives for women to reproduce to overcome those losses. I suppose you could use insemination and other artificial means to boost the amount of children a single woman has, but lets just say that doctors and scientists are also being killed, thats another kind of chaos resulting in the severe downfall of man. ( dawn of the dead, a crappy movie but eh, nuclear war, and so on). this is also chaos caused by a lack of balance.

in the end though, you have to consider, the ideas of everything, chaos, order, the meaning of little shaped lines we call numbers or letters, are entirely dependent on man to be conjured into existence, because they are merely interpretations of the universe by man, not actual parts of the universe itself, but you can put it on material things such as paper or a server's hard drive its written on.

And so, what is chaos, but in the eye of the beholder.

The most poignant quote about the behavior of a true neutral comes from a video game's handbook, based on ad&d rules.

" true neutral characters believe in the ultimate balance of forces, they refuse to see their actions as eiyther good or evil. They do their best toavoid siding with the forces of either good or evil, law or chaos. it is their duty to see that all of these forces remain in balanced contention. To a great extent, they side with the underdog, sometimes even switching sides as the the previous loser becomes the winner."

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:

ok so what if we get a char up to thirty and want to join the keepers do we have to wait for it to open before we can send in the application and and rank or what?

0 0 0
Niladein

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject:

i just couldn't stand it anymore...

if you name that garbage the seekers, i will spell myself a magic broom and ride all over Thera trying to catch a little golden lightning bug.

Seth, I hate to see you go, but I'm sure you'll be back. The world needs another Sasarai/Deiminos.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:

I think we should call them Nerfers.

Ok thats a joke. Cabal Gimp?

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:

MY CABALLL!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Nothing in nature is without reason.

Chaos? No.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

how are the Keepers doing?

0 0 0
jeoparty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

They are doing great.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Can't...stop..laughing...

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

My Keeper is way better than your keeper.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

... are the keepers even real?

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

yes

in our hearts and minds

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: