Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

New..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrausz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: New..

When I'm new to a mud, I usually don't even go to their forums to post, or even look them over. I just dive into their mud and keep to myself. However, something's different with this one.

I was introduced to muds about 3 years ago, and I was introduced to a mud I'm sure you all know about? Can you guess? Forsaken Lands, or FL.

Personally, I've jumped from a piece of crap newbie, to a supposed 'elite' over there, but the staff over there, and the unoriginality is just beyond dispicable. Some Immortals are pretty cool, but the IMPS, and CRE, and 57 UP suck. Period.

I've never really got into the whole story as to how FL even came about, but I know it was a pretty gay one. Not sure what his name was over here, but he stole the code, made FL (changed names even) and basically overall called the code his own. Oh well.

Now that I'm tired of FL, and haven't really been very active in it, I've decided to come to AR. People said it sucked (on FL's forums) but I told myself I had to see it to believe it. I first found invokation.net in an internet search, and soon found out that it was directly related to AR, and began reading it regularly.

It got me hooked. What can I say; you guys simply kick ass. I enjoy most of the PK logs, and the RP logs (if there's any) and would simply die (..*cough*) to get to know this side of the game better, where the original makers of FL sit and continue to code.

I hope I'm welcome with open arms; I'm going to be here for quite a long time. I've been reading your forums here for quite awhile, and I like what I see. IMPS, IMMS, whoever, you guys put up with a lot of shit. I'm thankful for it, and I'm glad you guys are cool Wink

See you in game!

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Welcome, by all means. Just make sure you're thoroughly knowledgable of the rules here, we have a bunches and bunches. We pretend to be very debonair when it comes to FL, it's like the bastard child rich people try to pretend never happened. Good luck.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Welcome hope you have fun and The ar motto You will never be the same

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I've never heard of FL...but AR is hella fun. I started like last December, and it's been awesome ever since, both pk and rp, though my personal favorite is rp.

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: FL

Fl is basically a very beta version of ar. Last I checked, they havent changed much in the past few years. Where as AR has had oodles and oodles of coding reworked, new idea's and awesome changes happening almost on a daily basis. I personally played fl from time time during my 6-7 years here at AR, and I would say that it is nothing compared to AR

0 0 0
Jrausz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I guess you can say I'm extremely excited to even be playing. However, I'm finding it rather hard to rank from 1 to 15. Whereas in FL, I did it like it was a second nature. But, I'll get used to it, eventually.

But yeah. It seems Dav is doing a great job, and I'd love to give him a holler or two in game, and speak my mind at how nice it is to actually have an ACTIVE coder.

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

do quests. They give enough exp that at the lower ranks you get easily get up to level 8 or 9. If you have trouble with them don't be afraid to ask other players for helps. Knights and Heralds are the nicests, although I wouldn't complain about some of the justices too. They aren't bad.

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Just no legions, and don't ask Wuilan... Confused

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Dav a good coder HA!!!!!
That Som'bitch Sits around all freaking day eating bonbon's and plotting ways to screw us over.
We , The ENTIRE playbase have been screaming for Hellstreaming Freaking Thieves, WE have meticously checked and rechecked for balance and they would work, There is an Obviose RP reason they are needed, and Burzak has personally told me and Many many others that he has ORDERED Dav to do it . But do we have them????? your new So Ill tell you , NO We do NOT have Hellstreaming Thieves ,,Every single freaking other thing is perfect!! PERFECT I Tell you , Cept this one thing.
Flee now while you still can , Find the world with hellstreaming thieves , Continue your journie young paddywonmudder. Send word back if you find this Narvania ,,
Loves and Kisses
Viggs

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I've looked at FL before. Slith thieves who automaticaly trip with their tails. I think hellstream is being introduced in 'Slith Thief Module B'.

0 0 0
Jrausz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Try a slith thief, in Warmaster (Warlord here) who tramples everytime they autotrip.

Trample, of course, is a bit more lagging then trip, and depends on the size of the player who uses it, as to how long it lags. So an auto trip every round against any player (yes.. it happened to my Syndicate (Legion here) Duergar Shaman, who hardly EVER dies, was pulled to the ground by him using a sheathed weapon that casts hurricane, and I died simply to complete and utter lag) is completely overpowered.

I'm just glad we don't have shit like that here. I'm surprised to even hear there's no such thing as Illithid Necromancers. WOOHOO!

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to AR, glad your enjoying it here. Smile

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Haha welcome to the drug known as AR you will never be the same.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/help/

Levelling guide available.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

Woah, the world is gonna crumble! I've only ever heard of AR players jumping aboard to FL, and very very rarely the other case. The only one time I heard of an FL player playing AR.... he went back to playing FL. And yeah, AR's made up of player contributions aside from the actual codes. But wait, even the codes are coded by a player O_O.. nm enjoy your stay. Try not to hop by chat yet :p or you'll really NEVER be the same. Heh

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

yeah, stay away from chat!

Groq gets all crybaby and marsd is always going @_@

and I whine too much and dav's always like stfu

Very Happy

But seriously, you mentioned you're into rp? Or it sounded like that. Cool, the playerbase is what dictates that, and makes it fun.

Glad you're excited to play (muds) again. Sometimes conflict, like you mentioned in FL, makes it all just a headache and is no longer fun.

Schwing

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

I am a huge cry baby... welcome, hope you have fun.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

This is by far the best mud I have played so far

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: