Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 8 days, 6 hours.

April Fools' Day 2024 - New Endgame Area: The Veil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject: April Fools' Day 2024 - New Endgame Area: The Veil

Code:
Hidden deep within <REDACTED> lies the entrance to The Veil, a realm tainted by the sinister embrace of dark and ancient magic. Here, once-benevolent fey creatures have succumbed to corruption, their once vibrant forms twisted into grotesque shadows of their former selves. The air crackles with malevolent energy, and the very trees seem to whisper ominous warnings to those who dare to tread upon their roots. Within this cursed domain, scattered remnants of once-powerful weapons and armor forged by the enemies of the elder fey lie scattered, ignored by the corruption. Should enough remnants be collected, new armors, more powerful than anything in modern Serin, could be forged by a master craftsman. Beware, as The Veil is not easily escaped once entered; its enchantments ensnare travelers, making return from its depths a perilous journey fraught with danger at every turn. Only the most cunning and resolute heroes dare to venture into its heart, for within its shadows, the line between light and darkness blurs, and the fate of those who dare to challenge its mysteries hangs precariously in the balance.

The Veil is a new endgame area featuring powerful, craftable equipment. The drop chance for some of the rarer crafting components is relatively low but I made sure that a full set will drop from the final boss for the first group to make it through. The in-game helpfile will be added with the redacted location once the first group of 50's locates the area and clears the bosses (you will need a wrecking crew). Until then, some subtle hints have been placed around the realm as to the location, but don’t expect them to be obvious.

The new crafted masterwork equipment may look powerful, and it is, but the effects of The Veil take its toll on anyone wearing it. There are consequences for wearing the gear that are compounded as more pieces are worn. You have been warned but to make sure you don’t heed my warning, here's a taste of something I crafted with maxed out materials while testing:

Code:
Object 'gauntlets lost fallen' is type armor, material void.
Extra flags: hum no_enchant.
Light armor to be worn on the hands.
Weight is 4 lbs, value is 100, level is 50.
Armor class is 12 pierce, 12 bash, 12 slash, and 6 vs. magic.
Modifies damroll by 4.
Modifies hitroll by 1.
Modifies health by -10.
Modifies intelligence by -1.
Masterwork item.

Last edited by Olyn on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

4 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

It's time to fess up if you looked for the area or any clues.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

You didn't let it go long enough.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:26 am    Post subject:

I want my non-lethal acoustic void weapons based on oscillating microwave gradients (aka “omg” weapons) that cause diarrhea. ASAP!

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:16 am    Post subject:

I tried, but didn't manage to find anything. Haha.

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Dammit, I forgot the date, I was definitely looking

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject:

fuck me... I spent quite abit of time looking too... and even after all the posts above me, I didn't realise it till I re-read them the 2nd time. I am dumb indeed.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I saw somebody make a post asking if this thing was an April Fool's joke which soon got deleted and I'm like, nope, this ain't real. As a result, I didn't bother looking for anything. Razz

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: